by Justin Vincent
Have you encountered social/cultural differences on Twitter?
http://bit.ly/imfZKF 18 hours ago
U.K. Urged to Abolish Renewable Energy Targets, Spend Less to Cut Carbon - Bloomberg bloom.bg/m21anJ via @BloombergNow
May 4th 5:54:00 AM EDT | The Green IT Review
Verizon has a new measure for its carbon efficiency-based on data transmitted
by Pete Foster
Communications company Verizon has come up with a new way of measuring how efficient it is in minimizing carbon emissions. The new metric is based on the amount of data transported across the company’s networks, rather than related to revenue. Verizon’s Sustainability Office developed the measure, known as the “carbon intensity metric,” and tested it over the last year. The tese showed an improvement of approximately 15 percent in carbon efficiency, from 2009 to 2010.
May 2, 2011 at 5:00 am PST | Cisco Blog > Data Center Networks
The Cisco Containerized Data Center: A complete “whole solution”
by Brad Boston
While traditional brick and mortar data centers meet the requirements of many IT organizations, there are some customers that require a different solution.
Co’s leveraging #cloud tech for mission-critical apps enjoy improvements in #data center efficiency & power efficiency http://bit.ly/kv0PKv
by Larry Walsh retweeted by eladerman
Why Dell is consolidating leasing, financing operations: http://bit.ly/laPQld #dell #financing #dellchannel
Check out Sandy Cutler, Eaton chairman and CEO, on CNBC’s Closing Bell program
April 18, 2011 8:01:00 AM EDT | The Official Google Blog
Happy Tax Day! Now, where did your tax dollars go?
by Jenny Ramaswamy, Google Creative Lab
Like it or not, Americans have a date with the IRS today. In a few hours, our tax forms will have been sent in... yet most of us will still be left wondering, “How will the government spend our money?”
In February, we launched the Data Viz Challenge to answer that very question. The challenge was a five-week competition that asked developers to visualize how our federal income tax dollars are spent. We received more than 40 thought-provoking entries that each take a unique approach to making this data more accessible to taxpayers.
@todd_landry Todd Landry
When the process is more important than the purpose
http://bit.ly/dKBWwL #agile #lean
April 11, 2011 11:37:38 PM EDT | Green Data Center News
facebook and greenpeace, why can’t they be friends?
by Peter Judge
The war between Facebook and Greenpeace over green power in data centers took a couple of new twists in the past week, and leaves most of us rolling our eyes in disbelief, but watching with keen interest. Greenpeace has been campaigning for more than a year now for Facebook to power its data centers from renewable sources. In response Facebook said its new data center is one of the world’s most efficient, saving energy-albeit using “dirty” power. Greenpeace, meanwhile, has been shown to be using coal-fired power for its own servers.
From Our Website(data from May 5, 2011)
Most emailed Articles:
1. VYCON Enters Agreement with Emerson Network Power for Distribution and Services of VYCON’s VDC Flywheel Energy Storage Systems http://bit.ly/gw1kR8
2. Integrating Data Centers Into Academic Laboratories http://bit.ly/hQ5WoY
3. Problems Reportedly Plaguing Twitter’s New Data Center http://bit.ly/hGrbGU
4. Fortress International Group Subsidiary Selected for Montana Data Center Project http://bit.ly/i2tlZg
5. Data Center Energy Reduction Strategies http://bit.ly/mKuXFH
6. Cisco to Unveil Details of its New Texas-based Green Data Center http://bit.ly/fWNuKI
7. UPS Revenues Top $7 Billion Again http://bit.ly/fRVzwr
8. We’re Finally Announcing a New Webinar http://bit.ly/jA8kd2
9. Do-It-Yourself Data Centers in Decline, According to Annual Study of Data Center Market http://bit.ly/kdKaum
1. data center
2. SIZING THE MISSION CRITICAL POWER SYSTEM
4. “digital realty”
6. 2N, N+1
7. digital realty
8. cell tower in a box
Most Popular Articles:
1. NSA to Build $900 Million Supercomputer Center 04/22/2011 http://bit.ly/ezBSnkProblems
2. Problems Reportedly Plaguing Twitter’s New Data Center 04/07/2011 http://bit.ly/hGrbGU
3. The 2011 NEC Brings Change to IT Equipment 03/31/2011 http://bit.ly/ezVGwe
4. Cisco to Unveil Details of its New Texas-based Green Data Center 04/11/2011 http://bit.ly/fWNuKI
5. Data Center Energy Reduction Strategies 04/01/2011 http://bit.ly/mKuXFH
6. Fortress International Group Subsidiary Selected for Montana Data Center Project 04/05/2011 http://bit.ly/i2tlZg
7. VYCON Enters Agreement with Emerson Network Power for Distribution and Services of VYCON’s VDC Flywheel Energy Storage Systems 04/05/2011 http://bit.ly/gw1kR8
8. Understanding Tier 4 Interim and Tier 4 Final 03/15/2011 http://bit.ly/kittxO
9. Uptime Institute Announces Green IT Awards 04/19/2011 http://bit.ly/fBxLqa