Heard on the Internet
March 3rd | www.thegreengrid.com
Data Center Pulse announced it has entered into an agreement with The Green Grid to further enhance its ability to influence the industry via collaboration on data center challenges.
February 23rd | Intel Press room
WASHINGTON, D.C., Feb. 23, 2010 ‚ Intel President and CEO Paul Otellini today announced a $3.5 billion initiative to support investment in U.S.-based growth-oriented industries and detailed a commitment to significantly increase jobs available this year for recent college graduates.
March 2nd | inside HPC
The Custom Engineering team was formed at Cray to help the company capitalize on its smarts. The idea is that the company has banked a lot of specialized experience related to datacenters and building computers over the decades, and that there is no sense leaving that talent sitting around between gigs inside the company.
Febrauary 25th | geekism’s blog
Last month, we killed our first eBay data center. Don’t worry, it had it coming...
Febrauary 28th | SilverBack Migration Solutions Datacenter Blog
Utah-based C7 Data Centers Inc. is doing really well so far this year, putting their near-decade of experience and 40,000 square feet of space between their four Utah data centers to good use even in an economic climate which is still far from having recovered. Utah is a prime location for cautious companies who are keen to avoid the dangers of natural disasters for their data, and enjoy the relatively low cost of energy there.
March 3rd | Loosebolts
...I am extremely happy to announce my involvement with the University of Missouri in the launch of a Not-For-Profit Data Center specific organization. You might have read the formal announcement by Dave Ohara who launched the news via his industry website, GreenM3. Dave is another of of those industry insiders who has long been perplexed by the lack of movement and initiative we have had on some great ideas and stand outs doing great work.
March 4th | Comments on Loosebolts
It is about time that a group got together and tried to take the complexity and mystery out of building and designing datacenters. I know we are more on the software side of the equation, but I would be very interested in helping the group out with its efforts.
From Our Website
(data from March 18th, 2010)
Most Emailed Articles:
1. Generator Fuel Systems Affect Uptime
2. Providing Emergency Power for One of America’s Top 100 Hospitals
3. Mission Critical Care: Automatic Transfer Switches 101
4. Katrina’s Legacy Includes New Threats of Liability Litigation
5. Using Thermal Energy Storage for Data Center Cooling
6. Mission Critical Facilities - Is the Use of Galvanized Pipe an Effective Corrosion Control Strategy in Double Interlock Preaction Fire Protection Systems?
7. Solving Fuel Problems at Mission Critical Facilities
8. Reducing the Cost of Data Center Cooling
9. The Containerization of the Data Center
10. Cooler Servers with Less Cooling
7. peter curtis
8. liebert 600 ups
Most Popular Articles:
1. Providing Emergency Power for One of America’s Top 100 Hospitals 02/01/2010
2. Environmental Performance Criteria Guide for New Data Centers 02/11/2010
3. Solving Fuel Problems at Mission Critical Facilities 02/01/2010
4. Fundamental Physics in the Data Center 10/01/2009
5. New Cooling Challenges and New Cooling Solutions 03/05/2010
6. Cooling Solution from CoolCentric 02/18/2010
7. Managing the Way to a Green Data Center 02/01/2010
8. Protecting Mission Critical Electronics in the Industrial Environment 02/01/2010
9. Magnetic Bearings Make Smaller Power Generation Units Possible 05/01/2008
10. Reducing the Cost of Data Center Cooling 11/01/2009