What: FREE Webinar
When: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at 11AM EST
Beyond Emergencies — The Greater Role for Serial Consoles
Serial consoles are extremely beneficial to address emergency situations such as accessing locked-up devices and loss of IP band connectivity. But did you know they can also make daily data center and IT operations run more efficiently?
Join this webinar to learn how serial connectivity for access and management of remote locations and devices can assist with:
- Monitoring, management, and control of rack power distribution units (rPDU); uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems; computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units; building management systems (BMS); leak detection, and environmental devices
- Provisioning and setup of devices
- Aggregation of multiple device and user-level security settings
- Identify typical serial console “emergency use” scenarios.
- Discuss how serial consoles can function as a security settings aggregator.
- Monitor, manage, and control multiple critical facility and IT devices via serial connectivity.
- Examine sensor, actuator, and BMS integration and alerting.