ServerCentral's high-availability Enterprise Cloud delivers a completely managed solution with pre-defined resource pools that allow customers to quickly and cost effectively build the right-sized cloud for their business requirements.
“We've been architecting and managing private VMware deployments for years. We used our experience to develop a multi-tenant cloud that provides customers all of the benefits of VMware in a fully managed and cost-effective manner,” said Jordan Lowe, ServerCentral president/CEO.
ServerCentral’s Enterprise Cloud is designed to be simple and transparent for customers both now and as they scale. Customers select the number of resource pools they need and they’re off and running. A resource pool is a pre-configured set of compute, memory, storage and bandwidth resources designed with simplicity in mind. Experts are also available every step of the way from design, migration and deployment through to OS management.
“We’ve elected to offer our Enterprise Cloud in a resource pool model as building blocks that easily scale. This is how our customers have asked to use the cloud - in a straightforward and transparent fashion,” said Tom Kiblin, ServerCentral VP of Managed Services. “We built the Enterprise Cloud to benefit our customers, not ServerCentral.”
Other key features that make ServerCentral’s Enterprise Cloud unique in the market include:
- High-Availability. ServerCentral’s Enterprise Cloud is powered by VMware vCloud Air and delivered one way: in true high-availability configurations. Customers don’t have to buy two of everything to achieve HA.
- Migration Supported. Physical-to-virtual and virtual- to-virtual migrations will be managed by cloud experts and occur with minimal downtime and full transaction integrity.
- Fully Managed. Everything from the physical infrastructure through VMware is managed by ServerCentral so customers can focus on their applications.
- Fully Supported. Expert cloud support is available 24x7x365 no matter what size deployment, so customers can reach a system administrator anytime by phone or email.
- Architecture Design- ServerCentral will help all customers architect their Enterprise Cloud whether it’s a single resource pool or solution that spans across multiple availability zones.
- ServerCentral’s Enterprise Cloud configurations begin at $399 per month with additional resource pools available for $133 per month.
- ServerCentral’s cloud portfolio is one segment in its complete infrastructure offering that spans from traditional colocation to custom private clouds.
“The cloud is a powerful tool, but is by no means the right and only solution for every customer,” said Kiblin. “We assess each customer’s applications and business requirements to build the right infrastructure solution for them. This is a core value for ServerCentral and it will never go away.”
This article was originally posted “ServerCentral Expands Cloud Portfolio With Managed VMware Solution” from Cloud Strategy Magazine.