DataGravity Launches Discovery Series V2
Data-aware features are designed to meet increasing customer demand for simplified sensitive data management.
DataGravity has announced the DataGravity Discovery Series V2, which provides new data security and governance features to help midmarket organizations better define, detect and defend their sensitive and critical content. The DataGravity Discovery Series combines the previously disparate functions of data security, search and discovery, and data protection into one powerful platform, helping companies manage security at the point of storage by providing visibility into data as it’s created.
Companies need more than just perimeter or endpoint security solutions to prevent data security breaches. To better manage and protect their sensitive and confidential data, IT security and risk management professionals need visibility into the data within their organization that is most at risk. The new DataGravity Discovery Series V2 enhancements let companies more effectively protect their unstructured data, including sensitive company information, such as employee and customer personal data, corporate financial records and intellectual property.
“CENTRIA was recently acquired by a publicly traded company and needed to meet the associated strict regulatory requirements. DataGravity enabled us to understand the data we have, support mandated audits and ensure we are in compliance,” said Jaison Bailley, senior systems engineer, CENTRIA. “By proactively detecting vulnerable, sensitive data that could potentially cause significant problems if exposed, the Discovery Series lets us protect the critical information that resides in our rich virtualized environment.”
Steve Duplessie, founder and senior analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group, said, “IT and business leaders need to demand greater returns from their storage infrastructure investments. The DataGravity Discovery Series delivers such a solution, merging critical data security tools and functionalities that previously required the added cost and complexity of multiple-layered applications to obtain. In the event of a data breach, this capability can be vital to the life of an organization.”
The new DataGravity Discovery Series V2 features include:
- Content and tag alerting, which provides automated email alerts that proactively notify organizations when and where sensitive information is stored and how it’s being handled, enabling administrators to quickly identify user-access anomalies and governance policy violations.
- Audit user role-based access, which enables privileged users to easily find and analyze sensitive information, in turn enforcing and confirming adherence to compliance, security and governance policies using integrated data-aware tools.
- Custom and pre-defined tagging, which lets administrators create company- and domain-specific tags based on regular expressions and industry-specific markers of sensitive information, expanding the built-in DataGravity library of pre-defined tags used to locate sensitive and regulated data.
- Intelligence profiles let administrators define, assign and schedule compliance policy checks to relevant data assets based on their regulatory needs and internal governance policies.
- DataGravity Management Packs for VMware vRealize Operations and Log Insight, which contain plug-ins that surface data insights in consolidated data centerwide dashboards, enabling customers to accelerate visibility, troubleshooting and resolution of data privacy, security and compliance issues.
“Most companies, regardless of their size, have exposed sensitive data. Loss of this data poses significant business risks,” said Paula Long, CEO and co-founder of DataGravity. “While the majority of IT infrastructure is moving to a zero-trust model, traditional storage is unprotected and unaware of its exposure and breaches. Our data-aware technology enables storage to secure an organization’s unstructured data at the point of storage.”
The DataGravity Discovery Series V2 is available immediately in three models, DG1100, DG2200 and DG2400, with all-inclusive pricing and included future firmware upgrades and features while under an active support contract.