ServerLIFT conducted a blind survey at Interop recently designed to garner feedback on injuries in data centers. The following questions were asked. Over the past five years,
• Have you worked in or interfaced with a data center?
• How many injuries are you aware of in your data center?
• How many times has rack-mounted equipment been dropped in the data center?
Out of the 113 participants, 89 answered that they have worked or interfaced within a data center in the past five years. Out of the 89 relevant participants, 58 were able to provide information regarding injuries and 67 were able to provide information regarding dropped equipment.
• Over52% were aware of injuries in the data center
• Over 65% were aware of dropped equipment in the data center
The full results are available here.