This volume explores the diverse applications of advanced tools and technologies of the emerging field of big data and their evidential value in business. It examines the role of analytics tools and methods of using big data in strengthening businesses to meet today’s information challenges and shows how businesses can adapt big data for effective businesses practices.
This volume shows how big data and the use of data analytics is being effectively adopted more frequently, especially in companies that are looking for new methods to develop smarter capabilities and tackle challenges in dynamic processes. Many illustrative case studies are presented that highlight how companies in every sector are now focusing on harnessing data to create a new way of doing business.
Table of Contents
PART I: BIG DATA: OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
1. Big Data: An Overview
Malika Bakdi and Wassila Chadli
2. Big Data Between Pros and Cons
Djamila Cylia Kheyar
3. Big Data Uses and the Challenges They Face
Nadia Soudani and Djamila Sadek
4. Twitter’s Big Data Analysis Using RStudio
Houssame Eddine Balouli and Lazhar Chine
5. Big Data for Business Growth in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Rabia Ahmed Benyahia
PART II: BIG DATA AND BUSINESSES’ DECISION-MAKING PROCESS?
6. The Role of Big Data in Strategic Decision-Making
Amal Bensautra, Amel Fassouli, and Fella Ghida
7. Data Mining and Its Contribution to Decision-Making in Business Organizations
Nadia Hamdi Pacha, Fatma Zohra Khebazi, and Nachida Mazouz
8. The Strategic Role of Big Data Analytics in the Decision-Making Process
Yahia Benyahia and Fatma Zohra Hennane
9. The Role of the Information System in Making Strategic Decisions in the Economic Institution: Case Study of Baticic in Ain Defla, Algeria
Khedidja Belhadji and Abdellah Kelleche
10. The Role of Big Data Analysis and Strategic Vigilance in Decision-Making
Bakhta Bettahar and Abdellah Aggoun
11. Big Data Analysis and Its Role in Making Strategic Decisions
Ramdhan Sahnoun and Boulanouar Mokhtari
PART III: BIG DATA APPLICATIONS: BUSINESS EXAMPLES
12. The Farthest Planning of Big Data in the Light of Information Technology: "Smart Cities: A World to Yet"
Noureddine Zahoufi and Abdelkader Dahman
13. Blockchain Technology as a Method Based on Organizing Big Data to Build Smart Cities: The Dubai Experience
Saliha Hafifi and Fethia Benhadj Djilali Magraoua
14. The Uses of Big Data in the Health Sector
Fatma Mana, Redouane Ensaad, and Djazia Hassini
15. The Role of Big Data in Avoiding the Banking Default in Algeria (The Possibility of Upgrading the Preventive Centers of the Bank of Algeria as a Source of Big Data)
Mohamed Ilifi and Hamza Belghalem
16. Marketing Information System as a Marketing Crisis Management Mechanism through Big Data Analytics: A Case Study of Algeria Telecom in Bouira
Rabah Ghazi and Fatima Zohra Soukeur
17. Perspectives of Big Data Analytics’ Integration in the Business Strategy of Amazon, Inc.
Mustapha Bouakel and Amina Zerbout
18. The Hospital Information System: A Fundamental Lever for Performance in Hospitals
Zineb Matene and Khalida Mohammed Belkebir
PART IV: BIG DATA AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
19. Big Data Analysis and Sustainable Development
Dehbia El Djouzi
20. Big Data for Sustainable Development Goals: Theoretical Approach
Fatima Lalmi and Rafika Benaichouba
21. Using Big Data in Official Statistics for Sustainable Development
Khadra Rachedi and Fatima Rachedi
22. The Initiatives of the UN to Improve the Quality of Big Data and Support the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030
Zahia Kouache and Nadia Messaoudi
23. Big Data and It Role in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals: Experiences of Leading Organizations
Kamel Maiouf and Achour Mezrig
Get our new eMagazine delivered to your inbox every month.
Stay in the know on the latest data center news and information.