Eaton’s G3 Universal Input Rack PDU (G3 UPDU) features universal input, dynamic C39 outlets, and global approval. It can be easily deployed into a single data center or a global data center network across multiple locations, saving time, reducing costs, and simplifying power management.
The G3 UPDU boasts all the sophisticated management capabilities enterprise and multitenant data center customers expect while adding new, innovative features to help meet the most diverse data center rack power needs. By accommodating rack equipment with a broad range of power requirements, it alleviates the cost and complexity of mixing and matching different PDUs for different installations and supports customers as power needs evolve.
The G3 UPDU:
- Supports 5-kVA single-phase through 23-kVA three-phase power and can be paired with any one of 12 detachable input cords/plugs.
- Features C39 outlets that accommodate both C14 and C20 plugs, adding flexibility to deployments and simplifying the PDU selection process.
- Meets industry standards used all over the world, enabling customers to source a single PDU chassis globally and pair it with input power cables rated for the voltage requirements at each destination.
- Has toolless mounting buttons that offer multiple mounting options to fit different rack layouts and power needs, making space for other equipment.
- Provides metering, monitoring, and switching at the outlet level for granular power data and precision control of power delivery.
- Integrates with Eaton’s Brightlayer Data Centers suite and can be managed via web browser or SNMP integration into DCIM.
- Features a high-density design that fits 42 evenly distributed outlets on a 42U chassis.
- Has a hot-swappable ePDU network management and control (eNMC) module that can be removed without interrupting power to the PDU.
The G3 UPDU simplifies the process of global deployment by providing a flexible power distribution solution that can accept multiple input voltages and plug types, reducing the need for region-specific models.