Perle Systems announced IDS-710 Managed Industrial Ethernet Switches that are packed with functionality inside a tiny DIN rail enclosure. With advanced performance and real-time deterministic network operation, these Industrial-grade switches are designed to stand up to extreme temperatures, surges, vibrations, and shocks found in industrial automation, government, military, oil and gas, mining, and outdoor applications. They are rugged fan-less switches that are hardened to provide superior reliability in operating temperatures from minus 40° to 70°C.
Designed to enable configuration, monitoring, and management of industrial LANs, the enterprise-grade features include:
- PROFINET and Modbus TCP protocol support for monitoring and device management
- Ring Protocol MRP (IEC 62439-2) for <10 ms recovery time
- STP/RSTP/MSTP for network redundancy
- Advanced Security and IT management including TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1x, SSH, SNMPv3, and HTTPS
- IEEE 1588 V1 and V2 PTP for microsecond accuracy
- Eight 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ethernet ports
- Two SFP slots supporting 1G/2.5G fiber or 10/100/1000 base-T
“With support for both fiber and copper networks and an extremely small chassis, the IDS-710 will fit into any space,” said John Feeney, COO at Perle Systems.