The global data center containment solution market is estimated to be valued around $500 million in 2020 and is anticipated to surpass $2 billion by the end of the forecast period of 2020-2030. The COVID-19 pandemic will fuel demand for data center containment solutions in the future, owing to rise in internet usage that has necessitated the need for more data centers. This has resulted in investments from large enterprises and will create significant opportunities for players in the data center containment solution market space.
Moreover, rising demand for big data and analytics from sectors, such as banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI); telecom; IT; and health care, is expected to boost sales of data center containment solutions. In addition, with growth in the e-commerce industry, small and large retail companies are mobilizing their resources online to provide exceptional service to customers. This will contribute to the growth of the data center containment solution market over the next ten years.
Following are some key takeaways from the data center containment solution market study.
- Under the impact of COVID-19, the global data center containment solution market is expected to create a growth opportunity of around $1.5 billion — a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15% during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
- By containment type, aisle containment is foreseen to grow 4.6 times from 2020. On the other hand, curtain containment will account for 13.5% of the overall absolute dollar opportunity created during the forecast period.
- By arrangement, the hybrid (soft + rigid) segment is anticipated to grow, gaining 162 basis points (BPS) over the course of the forecast duration.
- By data center type, large enterprises are projected to account for 61% of the total sales in 2020, anticipated to create a growth opportunity of more than $810 million during the forecast period.
- The data center containment solution market in South Asia and Oceania is expected to grow the fastest by experiencing a CAGR of 17%, whereas North America is projected to be valued 4.6 times than that of South Asia and Oceania and is estimated to account for a major chunk of the demand pie by the end of the forecast period.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has hit market players, and demand from SMEs [small and medium-sized enterprises] in the short term will be relatively low considering the cash crunch,” a report analyst said. “However, the recent evolution of the e-commerce industry and transition of data centers toward renewable sources of energy will assist the growth of the global data center containment solution market.”
Report Abusive Comment