WASHINGTON — The AABC Commissioning Group announced additional details of the HyperScale Data Center Commissioning and Construction panel discussion, which will take place Nov. 12 from 2-4 p.m. The event is approved for 2 AIA learning units.
This session will bring together experts from industry heavyweights, like Facebook and Microsoft, as well as commissioning (Cx) providers and contractors Holder and Hood Patterson & Dewar for a lively discussion on commissioning IT facilities that are critical to virtually every aspect of our economy and our lives.
“This presentation provides a rare glimpse into the strategic thinking of experts in the field of commissioning hyperscale data centers,” said Derek De Jesus, CxA, chairman for ACG Education Committee and panel moderator. “The panel format will provide for a spirited and informative conversation on key issues, such as the cost per MW and designing for reliability and sustainability”
Technical Experts include:
- John Lutz, Construction QA/QC Regional Manager, Facebook
- Nich Zies, CxA, Regional Commissioning Lead, Critical Environments Commissioning, Microsoft
- Stephen Hodgin, Manager, MEP, Building Technology, Holder Construction
- Brandon Sedgwick, PE, President, Hood Patterson & Dewar
- What qualifications data center owners look for in Cx providers
- How data center Cx has evolved
- What data center design and construction changes might be on the horizon
- The challenges to delivering more efficient data centers
This technical presentation is sponsored by Cx Planner.
ACG is a nonprofit association dedicated to the advancement of independent third-party building commissioning. ACG’s CxA Certification is ANSI-accredited and recognized by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Better Buildings.
Visit www.commissioning.org to register