Fiber Cassettes — Leviton
Leviton unveiled universal polarity fiber cassettes that expand the flexibility of its HDX, e2XHD, and SDX fiber patching systems. Data center managers are working to maintain network uptime while simplifying the deployment and ongoing maintenance of their networks. The new Leviton Base12 universal polarity cassettes allow for the same interchangeable cassette on both ends of a Method B trunk in a fiber channel, reducing the complexity of a fiber network and ensuring consistent polarity.
Features of the new Leviton universal polarity cassettes include:
- Fast network deployment — When installed on both ends of the fiber channel with a method B trunk, universal cassettes eliminate the need for different cassette models or polarity changes.
- Easy moves, adds and changes — Ongoing network maintenance is made easy by allowing network administrators to inventory a single cassette type, rather than worrying about multiple cassettes and polarity tracking.
- Options for fiber density and form factors — Available in three patching platforms —
Opt-X™ HDX, e2XHD, and Opt-X SDX — with fiber density from 72, 96, or 144 LC fibers per rack unit and a range of capabilities and options, these cassettes can fit any network design preference or requirement.
- Clean and safe connections — Patent-pending LC shuttered adapters with IP5x rating keep out dust and debris and protect technicians from laser light exposure, with no dust caps to remove, store, or throw away.
- U.S Manufacturing — Quick-turn production and US manufacturing provide performance assurance and product availability that data center operators appreciate.