Software-Defined Data Center Market to Reach $235 Billion
Global Market Insights releases report
The software-defined data center (SDDC) market is set to grow from its current market value of more than $40 billion to over $235 billion by 2026, as reported in the latest study by Global Market Insights Inc. Growing demand for resource pooling, resiliency, data integrity, virtualization, and predictability among businesses is proliferating the market size.
SDDC is a paradigm shift to a virtualized data center from a hardware-centric data center. The deployment of SDDC allows hybrid cloud extensibility and data center virtualization, enabling IT organizations to reduce capital expenditure. This provides high availability and recoverability for all workloads. Additionally, it abstracts and automates flexible deployment for disaster recovery, reducing downtime for organizations. The adoption of cloud computing and server virtualization has brought an essential shift in the way computing resources are being deployed, scaled, and managed to drive the same benefits from their network. Apart from server virtualization technology, carriers have also been aggressively driving network innovations through various channels.
Software-defined networking (SDN) market growth is attributed to the rapid adoption of IT convergence and cloud services. The growth is driven by its capabilities to provide an enterprise-wide array of resources that can be utilized to automate, orchestrate, scale, and support operations. The growing demand for cloud computing is expected to change the dynamics of data center infrastructure by offering enhanced scalability, improved flexibility, and programmability by the virtualizing model. These factors will propel the demand for SDN solutions among end-user organizations.
Growing investments in health care infrastructure and the increasing demand for scale data center capacities are being witnessed. The increasing adoption of SDDC in health care institutes is burgeoning market growth. Moreover, the adoption of big data analytics and the IoT, along with the growing adoption of wearable devices and other patient-centric technologies, have also modified health care institutes.
Major SDDC market leaders are investing heavily in their research and development capabilities to enhance their service abilities, ensuring lower capital expenditure (CapEx) and operational expenditure (OpEx) for end-user firms.
Some major findings of the software-defined data center market report are:
- Increasing dominance of cloud services and steady growth in business and consumer applications across the globe are driving the industry growth. Rising trends of streaming video, online shopping, and social networking are propelling the data generation.
- Proliferation of smartphones coupled with the rising internet penetration in the Asia-Pacific region is the key driving factor.
- Major market players include Advanced Systems Group, Cisco Systems Inc., Fujitsu, Hitachi Data Systems (Hitachi Vantra), HP Enterprises, Huawei, IBM Corp., Juniper Networks Inc., Microsoft Corp., NEC Corp. of America, NetApp Inc., Nutanix, Oracle Corp., SUSE, and Vmware Inc.
- Expansion in unserved and underserved regions is contribution to rowth.
- Growing trends of cloud computing, the IoT, and mobility solutions are expected to fuel the market growth.
- There is an increasing demand for reduced CapEx and OpEx along with enhanced IT agility.