CoreSite Realty Corporation has announced that it has expanded its Washington D.C. campus with a new colocation data center facility (“DC2”) that is open and operational.
The DC2 data center leverages its existing interconnected campus environment and delivers the following attributes:
- Connects via high-count dark fiber to CoreSite’s DC1 data center, one of the Company’s key interconnection hubs on the East Coast, as well as to its Reston campus in Northern Virginia thereby delivering a rich community of enterprises, networks with over 90 domestic and international carriers, leading cloud providers with native cloud on-ramps, and best-of-breed solution partners to further serve customers’ needs
- Uniquely supports high-growth requirements for digital transformation and hybrid cloud demands in the heart of downtown Washington D.C.
- Provides the ability to scale in a facility with unmatched proximity to government agencies and local enterprises
- Creates a resilient, diverse data center alternative to those in Northern Virginia
“The addition of our DC2 data center increases our robust ecosystem to serve customers with one of the most inter-connected data center campuses in Washington D.C.,” said Juan Font, CoreSite’s SVP of General Management. “The addition of this facility to our D.C. campus delivers large scale and efficient data center design that enables local enterprises and government agencies to solve for mission critical, performance-sensitive hybrid cloud applications, as well as serving as a diverse point of interconnection to Northern Virginia submarkets.”
- Scalability in downtown Washington D.C. - Scale from a single rack to a private suite in downtown Washington D.C. in this brand new 25,000 square foot data center.
- Cloud exchanges and peering - Access the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange® for one-to-many cloud access or benefit from connecting to the Any2Exchange® for Internet peering.
- Cloud services - Build an efficient, high-performance hybrid cloud architecture with native access to AWS Direct Connect, Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute, Alibaba Cloud, IBM Cloud Direct Link and Oracle FastConnect.
- Network Rich - Create a low-latency network solution with access to 95+ networks of your choice, including global carriers, subsea cables, metro networks, SDNs and more.
- Managed and professional services - Whether you need assistance building a hybrid cloud roadmap, or require move and migration services, CoreSite partnerships provide a seamless platform to build a holistic IT architecture.
- Operational excellence - CoreSite offers a 100% uptime SLA, supported by a tenured operations team and in-house security staff. Dedicated employees have delivered industry-leading customer satisfaction for several years running.