CoolIT Systems (CoolIT) returns to the highly-anticipated ISC High Performance (ISC18) in Frankfurt, Germany, from June 25-27 with its latest Rack DCLC™ innovations for HPC, Cloud and AI data centers and servers.
As the leading liquid cooling integration partner for OEM server manufacturers, CoolIT will showcase liquid-enabled servers from Intel, Dell EMC and HPE. Combined with the broadest range of Coolant Distribution Units, CoolIT and their OEM partners are delivering the most complete and robust liquid cooling solutions to the HPC market.
Readily Available Liquid Cooled Servers
CoolIT OEM solutions being shown at booth F-940 include:
- Intel Buchanan Pass – CoolIT is pleased to announce a liquid cooling solution compatible with the Intel Buchanan Pass server, capable of 86% heat capture with coldplates for the dual processors, voltage regulators, and memory.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge C6420 this liquid-enabled server will be on display at the Dell EMC booth (C-1210). With factory-installed liquid cooling, this server pairs with CoolIT’s stainless steel Rack Manifolds and Coolant Distributions Units specifically for high performance and hyperscale workloads.
- HPE Apollo 2000 System – optimized with Rack DCLC to significantly enhance overall data center performance and efficiency.
- HPE Apollo Trade and Match Server Solution – optimized with Closed-Loop DCLC to increase density, decrease TCO and take advantage of enhanced performance to capitalize on High Frequency Trading trends.
All-in-One Micro Data Center with Rack DCLC
STULZ Micro Data Center, which combines CoolIT’s Rack DCLC with STULZ’ world-renowned mission critical air cooling products to create a single enclosed solution for managing high-density compute requirements, will be on display. This 100% contained solution features integrated critical power, rack security and Direct Liquid Cooling connections.
Best-in-Class Coolant Distribution Units
Making its debut at ISC18 is CoolIT’s newest and highest capacity Coolant Distribution Unit, Rack DCLC CHx750. This row-based, liquid-to-liquid CDU manages a network of IT cabinets and can support a 750kW heat load with ASHRAE W4 warm water cooling.
Additionally, CoolIT’s liquid-to-liquid CDU showcase will include the 4U Rack DCLC CHx80 that provides 80-100kW cooling capacity with N+1 redundancy to manage the most challenging, high density HPC racks.
Two of CoolIT’s newest liquid-to-air CDUs will also be shown, including:
- Rack DCLC AHx10, CoolIT’s new liquid-to-air CDU that delivers the benefits of rack level liquid cooling without the requirement for facility water. The standard 5U system manages 7kW at 25°C ambient air temperature and is expandable to 6U or 7U configurations (via the available expansion kit) to scale capacity up to 10kW of heat load.
- Rack DCLC AHx2, CoolIT’s new liquid-to-air heat exchanger tool for OEMs and System Integrators for DCLC enabled servers to be thermally tested during the factory burn-in process, without liquid cooling infrastructure.
Command2: Adaptive, Intelligent CDU Control Systems
CoolIT will demonstrate its advanced Rack DCLC Command2 Control System for CDUs. Attendees can experience the plug-and-play functionality of Command2, including built-in autonomous controls and sophisticated safety features.
Latest Passive Coldplate Designs for CPUs, GPUs and Memory
Utilizing patented Split-Flow design, the latest coldplates to support CoolIT’s passive Rack DCLC platform will be displayed, including;
- RX1 Passive CPU Coldplate for Intel Xeon Scalable Processor Family (Skylake)
- RD1 Passive CPU Coldplate for AMD EPYC processors
- GP2 Passive GPU Coldplate for NVIDIA Tesla V100 and Tesla P100
- MX3 Passive Memory Coldplate for maximum serviceability
Planning for Liquid Cooling Panel Discussion: ISC HPC Birds-of-a-Feather Session
CoolIT has been selected to host a Birds-of-a-Feather session as part of the official ISC18 conference program on Monday 25 June at 1:00pm. CoolIT encourages all attendees to join the Planning to Liquid Cool Your Next HPC Deployment presentation in the Pikkolo Room at Messe Frankfurt. Patrick McGinn, VP Product Marketing & Business Development at CoolIT Systems, will chair the session which will include industry panelists from Dell EMC, Intel, Cooltera and Boston GmbH.
“As new advancements in HPC and AI continue to push computational boundaries, data center operators are realizing liquid cooling is, in many cases, the only answer,” said Geoff Lyon, CEO and CTO at CoolIT Systems. “Our collaboration with OEM partners such as Dell EMC, HPE, Intel and STULZ provides further evidence that the future of the data center is destined for liquid cooling.”