iland Expands DRaaS Services To Support VMware Vcloud Availability
The company adds VMware vCloud availability to its portfolio providing additional cost-effective, cloud based disaster recovery options for customers
iland has introduced iland Secure DRaaS℠ powered by VMware. With this new service, iland adds support of VMware vCloud® Availability for vCloud Director® to their mature portfolio of DRaaS services.
Faced with ongoing and increasing risks to IT systems from cyber-attacks such as ransomware and other threats, having a secure and robust disaster recovery solution in place is a priority for many companies. The benefits of using familiar VMware technology and management frameworks in the cloud enhances iland's IaaS customers experience, and will now be extended to disaster recovery solutions with this new offering from iland and VMware.
"iland has always been an earlier adopter of VMware's cloud-enabled technologies. Once again, they have demonstrated the value of the VMware Cloud Provider Program by becoming one of the first cloud providers to offer support of VMware vCloud Availability," said Geoff Waters, vice president, Global Cloud Sales, VMware. "VMware vCloud Availability enables VMware Cloud Providers to offer simple, cost-effective cloud-based disaster recovery services that seamlessly support their customers' VMware vSphere® environments by leveraging native vSphere replication capabilities."
iland Secure DRaaS powered by VMware is designed for organizations running on-premises vSphere environments or outsourced private clouds with other cloud providers that want to natively protect their virtual workloads in the cloud by leveraging VMware vSphere replication. In the event of a live or test failover, customers can view and manage their workloads through a single pane of glass in iland's Secure Cloud Console.
"With over ten years of experience providing DRaaS solutions, we're always looking to expand our solutions portfolio to reach new customers and help them to protect their IT environments," said Justin Giardina, chief technology officer, iland. "As one of the first VMware Cloud Providers, we are expanding our disaster recovery footprint to incorporate a new VMware offering designed specifically for VMware Cloud Providers. iland Secure DRaaS powered by VMware leverages vCloud Availability, enabling VMware vCenter® server based organizations to protect VMs from their local datacenter to a cloud, natively integrating the replication with the underlying virtualization technology."
vCloud Availability leverages native VMware vSphere Replication™ to track block changes to virtual disks (VMDKs) of running virtual machines and providing replication in regular intervals to the target environment depending on the required RPO. Using vCloud Availability, customers can achieve RPOs as low as 15 minutes to recover applications and maintain business continuity.
Customers that operate on-premises or in a co-located VMware ecosystem may not have a disaster recovery plan in place, or lack a secondary location for that purpose. The challenge around disasters, whether a natural catastrophe, system failure or even malicious software isn't about keeping secure copies of information, but being able to react quickly to lessen the impact of an outage. DR testing is a critical component of a well-designed business continuity plan. iland Secure DRaaS powered by VMware will allow for non-intrusive, self-service testing. The benefits of this are twofold, organizations are enabled to test more frequently without disrupting business operations, and they will have more confidence in a well-tested disaster recovery solution.
iland Secure DRaaS powered by VMware Features:
- Support for full failover, partial failover, and failback
- Encryption in-motion and at-rest
- Straightforward implementation using VMware vSphere
- Simple pricing model based on the amount of replicated storage and number of VMs, with hourly compute rates upon failover
- Replication to and from the cloud, including iland and VMware Cloud™ on AWS
- Simplified on-premises installation using a single virtual appliance (vSphere Replication)
- Simplified built-in connectivity between the tenant and iland (no need for VPN)
Analyst recognition of iland as a Leader in DRaaS:
- iland was positioned by Gartner Inc. in the "Leaders" quadrant of the June 2017 "Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service." In the Magic Quadrant for this market sector, Gartner analysts evaluated 23 service providers offering DRaaS based on the criteria of 'ability to execute' and 'completeness of vision.'
- iland is also ranked as a leader in Forrester Research, Inc.'s report entitled, "The Forrester Wave™: Disaster-Recovery-As-A-Service Providers, Q2 2017." In addition to being recognized for "an impressive roadmap", iland received the highest scores possible in the categories of data security, pricing, service levels and contract terms.