Paragon Software Group (PSG)’s Paragon Partition Manager 15 is designed to easily handle all PC system and data partitioning tasks (resize, move, merge, copy, etc.). Operations are alignment-aware, and can be performed on SSD or hard drives of any capacity. Expanded split and merge functions allow users to allocate specific files and folders to new partitions before performing the operation, enabling a more flexible modification of the partition layout. Partition Manager 15 delivers more than just partitioning. The software comes with powerful file system converters to adapt the most common file systems including NTFS, HFS+, and FAT. Paragon’s additional proprietary security enhancements include Paragon Security PLUS technology to fix boot errors in case the PC does not boot anymore, Paragon Power ShieldTM, and others.
Paragon Partition Manager 15 is ideal for PC users working with virtual machines. The Professional edition includes Paragon Connect VD (Virtual Disk) — Paragon’s proprietary technology for direct partitioning of virtual hard drives. It works with all VM major formats, including VMDK, VHDX and VHD. With the Professional edition, users are even able to convert a basic MBR (Master Boot Record) partition table to a GUID partition table (GPT; required for UEFI configurations), while dynamic volumes can be converted into basic MBRs. The Professional edition can create WinPE-based and Linux-based recovery media.
New and enhanced security features in Partition Manager 15:
- Embedded Recovery Media Builder (RMB) 3.0 is now embedded directly into the product and has been enhanced with features from Paragon’s Boot Media Builder utility, giving more options plus improved usability and stability. The bootable RMB lets the user perform all partitioning operations from bootable recovery media and restore a backup even if the PC fails to boot:
- Prepares Linux or WinPE-based bootable environment on a USB thumb drive or in an ISO image;
- Doesn’t require Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) or Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) on Windows 7 and later platforms;
- Can build WinPE-based media on Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, providing WAIK is installed;
- Allows injection of additional drivers for storage devices, network controllers, USB controllers, or system during setup;
- Enables the use of a network share during setup;
- Prepares hybrid (both UEFI and BIOS compatible) 64-bit recovery environment on flash or in an ISO image.
- Paragon Security PLUS: Paragon Smart-Partition™: safe partitioning due to Paragon’s reliable engine and outstanding wizards.
- Paragon Power Shield™: safe partitioning even in the event of power failures. Operations will resume once power is restored.
- Paragon Backup: the ability to back up the system before applying complex partitioning operations.
- Paragon Recovery Media
- Enhanced SSD support
Additional benefits in Partition Manager 15:
- Split partitions: Separate the OS and data, or different types of data by splitting one partition into two different partitions of the same type and file system.
- Merge partitions: Consolidate disk space from two adjacent partitions (NTFS, FAT16/FAT32) into a single, larger partition.
- Redistribute Free Space: Increase free space on one partition by utilizing the unallocated on-disk space and the unused space of other partitions.
- HFS file systems conversion: Convert any version of NTFS file system to Apple HFS+ and vice versa without reformatting.
- Boot Manager: Easily manage several operating systems on one computer.
- GPT Loader: Data storage support of GPT drives and modern high-capacity disks (2.2 TB+) under Windows XP.