Datum Datacentres has announced the launch of Datum Cloud Connect to provide direct connectivity from its Farnborough data centre to major public clouds such as AWS Direct Connect and Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute.
Datum’s Farnborough data centre is home to a diverse range of organisations that share a requirement for highly secure and resilient co-location to house and connect their business critical IT infrastructure. With the launch of Datum Cloud Connect, clients seeking cloud solutions can now derive additional benefit from secure, private connections to a hub of public clouds. Through Datum Cloud Connect, the additional resilience and flexible bandwidth delivers predictable high performance for organisational cloud strategies.
Dominic Phillips, managing director, Datum, comments, “Datum Cloud Connect supports clients whose businesses demand additional levels of performance and reliability when connecting to public clouds. The high throughput, low latency secure connections link into AWS EU West and Microsoft Azure North Europe regions offering significant performance improvements over public Internet connections. Enterprise clients can access automated, provisioning of cloud services from multiple providers whilst network and cloud service providers can both aggregate traffic and reduce time to market for new offerings.”
Part of the Attenda IT Services group, Datum’s data centres are trusted as secure environments for content, data and business critical IT to connect with a neutral choice of networks and cloud service providers. Datum built its co-location service to support a business outcome approach to data centre provision, working with both enterprises and service providers to deliver a highly secure, resilient data centre service that meets the needs of their business. Datum Cloud Connect adds another layer to the connection-rich nature of the data centre to further support hybrid compute and connected DR.
Datum Farnborough (FRN1) Key Features
- Strategic, London-edge, secure campus location
- Pressurised free cooling providing leading-edge environmental efficiency
- SLA backed 100% power availability
- Enhanced, government-grade security
- Dynamic and flexible support for high-density deployments (up to 30kW per rack as standard)
- Carrier and cloud neutral
- Comprehensive accreditations including ISO 9001, ISO 27001:2013, ISO 50001, PCI DSS, DCA Class 3 fully operational, EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres
- Highly resilient infrastructure design & operations to support business critical IT
This article was originally posted “Datum Datacentres Releases Datum Cloud Connect” from Cloud Strategy Magazine.