Cosentry has announced the company has extended its managed cloud services to Microsoft Azure. The new service provides expertise in connecting to Microsoft Azure, with a focus on utilizing Azure for SQL Server testing and development, SQL Server backup and SQL Server disaster recovery environments. Cosentry has more than a decade of experience supporting SQL Server database environments, primarily those running on a private cloud; this new offering focuses on expanding support to hybrid cloud solutions.
Electrical Components International Inc. (ECI) has engaged with Cosentry to gain new efficiencies leveraging Azure as part of a hybrid cloud environment. “Their expertise in SQL Server and managed cloud services will be leveraged to enhance our implementation while giving me the peace-of-mind that ECI has one of the best customer support teams in the industry,” said Adrian Ostman, Global IT director, ECI.
Cosentry’s Managed Hybrid Cloud Services utilizing Azure combines the platform with the company’s managed services. This combination makes hybrid cloud resources accessible for Cosentry’s new or existing customers, where Cosentry is managing their SQL Server database. Cosentry’s Managed Hybrid Cloud Services utilizing Azure includes
- SQL Server Testing and Development – Ensuring a faster time to market with quick provisioning and processing — without the added hardware and software expenses.
- SQL Server Backup – Offering customers a high-availability solution to extend data center capabilities via scalable Azure hybrid cloud technology.
- SQL Server Disaster Recovery – Providing an affordable means to meet recovery time objectives (RTOs), recovery point objectives (RPO) and customer data sovereignty requirements.
“We are focused on offering our customers more choices of industry leading solutions to solve their IT challenges,” said Brad Hokamp, CEO, Cosentry. “Our expanded offering underscores this philosophy by offering hybrid cloud support of Azure, with a focus on providing more cost-effective options for database environments, fully managed by Cosentry.” Today’s announcement complements Cosentry’s integrated Managed Services portfolio which includes:
- Managed Cloud Services
- Managed Operating Systems
- Managed Database Services
- Managed Security Services
- Managed Network Services
“Cosentry’s managed services and in-depth SQL Server skills make it an ideal fit for supporting hybrid cloud environments using Azure,” said Aziz Benmalek, vice president WW Hosting Service Provider business, Microsoft Corp. “These combined services will further enhance mission-critical SQL Server environments.”
This article was originally posted “Cosentry Now Supports Microsoft SQL Server In Azure” from Cloud Strategy Magazine.