MacStadium Launches VMware Powered Mac-Centric Hosting and Cloud Service Offering For Enterprises
The new suite offers cloud hosting and support for large-scale virtualization.
MacStadium has announced the launch of its Enterprise Solutions Suite, a VMware powered, cost-effective dedicated Mac server hosting and managed cloud service offering. The new suite offers cloud hosting and support for large-scale virtualization while complementing MacStadium’s current Mac mini hosting and collocation service designed for single operating system environments.
The enterprise-class solution is the first Mac-centric offering of its kind and is ideal for many environments, including multi OS software development production environments, where one hundred percent uptime and infinite scalability are required. The suite enables large-scale and mission-critical hosting and cloud solutions, providing data recovery, disaster recovery, security, server and storage infrastructure, and virtualization services. It is available immediately.
“We have combined the industry’s best custom Mac-centric data center and infrastructure with the powerful virtualization capabilities of VMware and robust horsepower of the Mac Pro to create an enterprise-class cloud offering that is the first of its kind,” said Greg McGraw, CEO at MacStadium.
“With our solution, users can easily monitor and manage cloud virtualization platforms with a centralized command and control interface, and allocate CPU, memory and storage resources across all virtual machines, within a Mac-centric environment.”
The World’s First Mac-Centric Hosting Service
MacStadium’s hosting services are designed to support the growing number of enterprises and businesses that need a world-class infrastructure and rely on Apple’s Mac hardware and/or Apple OS X operating systems as their computing and IT platform of choice. It also has the ability to support traditional server environments. The foundation is built on Mac Pro servers dedicated exclusively to each customer and connected to a redundant network, power, cooling and secure infrastructure residing within MacStadium’s world-class data center facilities.
The new suite features both EMC and Netapp SAN Storage, Cisco firewall and load balancers, VMware vSphere? Hypervisor, dedicated infrastructure and unlimited virtual machines. With near real-time activation, the suite requires no contract, and all servers feature unlimited and all-inclusive Internet use, 24x7 live support and training, remote management tools and Arbor active DDoS protection. The end-to-end hosting solution utilizes all new high-performance i5 and i7 Apple hardware with choice of OS (OS X, Windows, Linux or VMware) and offers unsurpassed efficiency and reliability.
The Power of VMware
VMware vSphere is the world’s most robust virtualization platform, providing a mature, proven platform with unmatched performance, reliability and security with the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry. As a VMware Professional Solution Provider Partner, MacStadium is certified to design, plan and deploy VMware virtualization and cloud computing solutions. The combination of VMware with the Mac Pro platform offers multiple benefits to end-users. It is the ideal platform for reducing operating expenses and improving energy efficiencies by running multiple operating systems at the same time on one dedicated server, without any limits on bandwidth or the number of virtual machines.
The Enterprise Solutions Suite is supported by MacStadium’s world-class dedicated data center facility created specifically for hosting and collocation of Mac minis and Mac Pros. Key features/capabilities include:
- Virtualization: Infinitely scalable and cost-effective VMware and private cloud solutions can run any OS, including OS X Yosemite, delivering unparalleled performance and extensibility.
- Network Storage: EMC storage from 1TB up to 384TB, based on EMC Symmetrix and Clarion storage systems that are designed to surmount barriers to throughput, bandwidth, scalability and response time.
- Firewall & VPN: Firewall and VPN security via dedicated or shared Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliances.
- Monitoring: True 24x7 proactive monitoring and recovery, utilizing PING and SNMP.
- Clusters: Mac mini and Mac Pro server clusters created with 1 to 100+ dedicated servers. Tailored options of Web Cluster, Application Cluster or Virtualization Cluster to meet specific requirements.
- Backup & Disaster Recovery: Built on the eVault professional grade data protection and disaster recovery suite and a full suite of agents including SQL, VMDK and BMR.
- Load Balancing: Load balancing solutions via Cisco ACE Application Control Engine.
This article was originally posted “MacStadium Launches VMware Powered Mac-Centric Hosting and Cloud Service Offering For Enterprises” from Cloud Strategy Magazine.