Cloud Computing Executives To Speak At Forecast 2014
ODCA’s flagship event reveals best practices in building enterprise-class cloud environments.
The Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA), the global organization where members work together to advance the deployment of enterprise cloud solutions and services that are interoperable, secure and free of vendor lock-in, today announced additional speakers for its third-annual Forecast 2014 conference. Forecast, taking place September 22-24 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, is the ODCA’s flagship event where hundreds of global IT executives gather to share best practices and discuss emerging challenges in enterprise cloud adoption.
Enterprise data center and cloud services executives will take to the Forecast stage to reveal their insights in building enterprise-class cloud environments, including:
- Paul Strong, vice president and chief technology officer, Global Field, VMware
- Wesley Mukai, vice president for HANA Cloud Computing, SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Operations, SAP
- Wolfgang Burke, HPC Solution Building & Operation, BMW
- Markus Vehlow, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers AG WPG
- Steve Watson, Chief Data Finder, e-Discovery and Mobile Forensics, Intel Corporation
- Vladimir Baranek, Executive Senior Cloud Advisor, IBM; Advisory Board Member, Cloud Credential Council
- Manish Patil, Senior Director for Technical Strategy & Engineered Solutions, Dell Enterprise Solutions group
- Nikhil Sharma, Senior Director, Cloud Solutions, Office of CTO, EMC
- Jorge L. Balcells, Director of Technical Services, Verne Global
- Kevin Clarke, Director of Cloud Engineering, Verizon Terremark
New speakers are being added weekly. See the complete Forecast 2014 agenda and register for the conference here.
The first-ever Forecast hackathon will bring together competitive teams of developers to create a cloud-aware application specifically designed to help nonprofit organizations match volunteers with projects. Sponsored by HP and Intel and based on ODCA’s best practices for cloud-aware app development, final products will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges representing the nonprofit community, including:
- Natasha Sakina Alani, Director for Citywide Teen Services, Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco.
- Julianne Idlet, Founder and Executive Director, CYCLE Kids
- Susan Wu, Board of Directors, CloudNOW
- Zeph Harben, Chief Technology Officer for VolunteerMatch, will act as a mentor to the hackathon teams.
Many of the leading names in cloud computing have already shown their support for Forecast 2014, including premium sponsors Appnomic, AT&T, Capgemini, Citrix, Dell, EMC, Emerson Network Power, Hitachi, HP, Infosys, Intel, Microsoft, SAP, T-Systems, Verne Global, Virtustream and VMware. BrightTalk has signed on as the newest media sponsor, and Uptime Institute is the latest collaborative sponsor. For more information about sponsorship, contact Julia Torresan at email@example.com.
This article was originally posted “Cloud Computing Executives To Speak At Forecast 2014” from Cloud Strategy Magazine.