IBM has announced that Forrester Research named IBM a leader in its latest Wave™ report1 on hybrid cloud management solutions. Forrester analyzed and scored numerous hybrid cloud management solutions and identified IBM as both a "leader" and a "significant software provider".
The 32-evaluation criteria used in the report are designed to help infrastructure and operations professionals select the right partner for their hybrid cloud management needs, which includes offering developers a rich library of app and infrastructure templates, APIs, and a choice of multiple public and private clouds.
The report goes on to say that some of the leaders such as IBM "offer deep and broad support for prebuilt application and infrastructure templates, powerful provisioning and configuration management, role-based controls, and rich cost, performance, and capacity management features."
Hybrid clouds are gaining widespread market adoption because they leverage existing IT resources while integrating into public and private cloud environments. This gives organizations greater control of their data, improved application performance and efficiencies, enhanced collaboration all while helping to centralize IT management. As a result, businesses not only reduce costs but achieve greater efficiencies. IBM has been aiding clients in their migration to hybrid cloud solutions for years.
Below are some recent IBM hybrid successes.
- Giant Eagle, one of the US's largest privately held multi-format food, fuel and pharmacy retailers is overhauling its IT infrastructure with a hybrid cloud solution from IBM Cloud. The solution is designed to provide an integrated system management for greater visibility into data from everything from the supply chain to the checkout line.
- Marriott is adopting a hybrid cloud environment to offer faster digital services to web-savvy guests and uncover insights about traveler preferences for its more than 4,000 properties across the globe.
- Tractor Supply Company the largest rural lifestyle retail store chain in the United States, is working to revamp and migrate the company's online retail operation to a hybrid cloud solution from IBM. The solution will give customers an easier way to connect, browse and shop for goods and services online.
- IBM Cloud delivers fast, easy and automated access to public, private and hybrid cloud services to help clients digitally transform. IBM Cloud is a growing collection of services including analytics, mobile, networking, storage, Internet of Things and cognitive computing. With more than 40 global cloud data centers, IBM helps companies securely manage and gain insight into their data no matter where it resides.
1. The Forrester Wave™: Hybrid Cloud Management Solutions, Q1 2016, Forrester Research, Inc., January 8, 2016
This article was originally posted “Report: IBM Named A Leader In Hybrid Cloud Management Solutions” from Cloud Strategy Magazine.