Red Hat, Inc. has announced the general availability of Ansible Tower 3.1, the latest version of its enterprise-grade, agentless automation platform. Ansible Tower by Red Hat helps enterprises cut through the complexities of modern IT environments with powerful automation capabilities that can improve productivity and reduce downtime. New additions to the latest version of the platform enable enterprises to better scale DevOps automation and offer the ability to link multiple Playbooks into longer, more complex jobs, enhancing productivity across the business.
Ansible Tower by Red Hat internally uses the popular Ansible open source automation project to help teams more effectively manage systems and optimize multi-tier deployments while adding control, security and delegation capabilities. Ansible Tower 3.1 includes several new and enhanced features to help provide greater value to IT teams, including:
- Multi-Playbook workflows enable users to more easily string together multiple existing jobs templates into a single job run - without the need to create additional Playbooks. Powerful workflows can be designed complete with decision points, logic branches, and integrated notifications to fully orchestrate the application lifecycle.
- Scale-out clustering increases the number of jobs that can be run simultaneously.
- A more streamlined job details page provides more applicable information that can be understood and used by a wider audience across the enterprise. The job details page now provides job output searching, and formats the data for easier reading and analyzing without having to leave the Tower user interface.
- Integration with enterprise logging providers allow for automation results to be indexed, monitored, and acted on as part of enterprise-wide analytics and log aggregation installations.
- Universal search functionality allows users to search and filter throughout Tower by the executing user, job templates by the inventory used, and more.
- User interface localized for two new languages, Japanese and French. The translated interface provides for Ansible Tower 3.1 use across the global enterprise.
Ansible Tower 3.1 by Red Hat is available now through the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Tim Cramer, head of engineering, Ansible, Red Hat
“DevOps teams look to IT automation to help speed productivity and manage complex deployments. The new workflow functionality in Ansible Tower 3.1 takes those capabilities a step further by helping to make automation even more intuitive. With workflows, users can run separate playbooks in a dependent fashion, including the ability to run different playbooks based on the success or failure of the prior job - further reducing manual process and enabling faster time to market.”
Mary Johnston Turner, research vice president, IDC
“Open source automation technologies are important in the continued successful evolution and adoption of DevOps within enterprise IT. Beyond just providing automation tools, these technologies help collaborative development and operations teams to cut through the complexities of configuring and optimizing modern computing environments. Ansible Tower 3.1 addresses these priorities by automating complex workstreams and making it easier for a wide range of developer and IT operations teams to apply automation to their day to day roles.”
This article was originally posted “Automation Platform from Red Hat” from Cloud Strategy Magazine.