Krystallize Technologies has released CloudQoS™, the first cloud platform performance management (PPM) service that provides enterprises, hosting providers, cloud service providers, and system integrators the tools needed to secure the best price / performance value when choosing or managing a cloud service, and ensuring ongoing high levels of platform performance.
The company also recently closed a $1.2 million seed round of funding from a number of angel investors.
The market for cloud services is expected to exceed $59 billion in 2015 and grow at a compound annual rate of 23% through 2017, according market research firm IDC. This growth is driven by the performance, flexibility and “pay as you grow” economic model of cloud services.
However, widespread cloud adoption is exposing the reality of several critical challenges that keep enterprises from determining the performance of their cloud services:
- Relative performance can’t be compared across different cloud architectures.
- No common methodology has been available to measure cloud capabilities.
- Enterprises lack the ability to track performance throughout the life cycle of their infrastructure and applications.
- Cloud service infrastructure and the performance it delivers changes constantly.
- Service level agreements are usually based on availability and not the capability or quality of service being delivered.
Furthermore, cloud service providers have historically touted their high “availability” levels, but given the constantly changing nature of the cloud, this conventional metric can be misleading. Like the old adage, it’s the quality and not the quantity that matters.