Cloud Replication from Zerto
Zerto has announced the general availability of Zerto Virtual Replication 5.5 (ZVR 5.5). This product release introduces Microsoft Azure bi-directional replication, faster AWS recovery, and new Zerto Analytics capabilities to gain IT environment insights. ZVR 5.5 provides increased flexibility and speed when utilizing the cloud to drive IT resilience, which allows enterprises to overcome disruption and meet evolving business priorities.
Microsoft Azure Bi-Directional Replication
Expanding upon Zerto’s highly-rated business continuity and disaster recovery technology, ZVR 5.5 is the first solution on the market to provide replication and recovery of enterprise applications, both to and from Microsoft Azure. This feature enhances customers’ efforts to achieve resilience by enabling applications to be mobilized, tested, managed and protected across different infrastructures, all while protecting those infrastructures. The ability to replicate out of Azure also enables failback of production workloads to VMware or Hyper-V environments with ROI-producing RPOs of seconds and RTOs of minutes.
Up to 5x Faster AWS Recovery
ZVR 5.5 greatly increases the speed of recovering applications with improved AWS recovery automation. The enhancement provides 3-5x faster recovery times in AWS, making it even easier to utilize the public cloud for disaster recovery or for testing and development on a near real-time replication environment. The AWS enhancements also allow for expanded support to AWS regions in Canada, Ohio, London and Mumbai.
ZVR 5.5 also introduces the Zerto Analytics platform which provides real-time and historical analytics on the status and health of multi-site, multi-cloud environments. Zerto Analytics elevates resilience management by delivering visibility of protected applications across the entire infrastructure, empowering decisions with business intelligence based on live and historical protection and consumption data.
Other new features available with ZVR 5.5 include:
- Automatic virtual replication appliance upgrades: Provides one upgrade process for all ZVR components, streamlines IT operations and minimizes risk associated with updates and upgrades, while maximizing uptime on business applications.
- Extended API coverage: Additional APIs allow for complete integration with automation platforms, cloud portals and customized environments to extend the flexibility of disaster recovery processes.
- Improved management of virtual environment changes: Delivers enhanced resiliency to virtual environment instabilities and human errors.
- The Zerto Mobile Widget: Enables anytime access to quickly see environment health statistics without opening the full application.
- Support for vCenter 6.5 and Hyper-V 2016/SCVMM 2016: Opens Zerto’s virtual replication up to support an even wider range of platforms.