Eaton has launched of its Visual Capacity Optimization Manager (VCOM), a new data center software platform that provides critical information for data center and IT managers to make better capacity optimization and risk mitigation decisions. The VCOM platform gives operators at managed service providers (MSPs), enterprise data centers, colocation facilities and small to medium-sized businesses the capability to reduce operational expenses, improve system and application reliability and mitigate risk through data analysis.
The centralized VCOM platform gives operators a holistic view of their facilities to quickly make decisions related to power, cooling and space. With the software, users gain the ability to not only easily track usage, utilization, capacity limits and more, but also to react quickly to address concerns with the infrastructure.
Key features of Eaton’s VCOM software platform include:
- Visualization: View 3-D renderings and identify problem areas at all levels of the data center as well as across the enterprise (power, space, environment, IT networking and virtualization)
- Asset management: Centralize a device data repository and utilize limitless attribute tracking to ease management of distributed locations while leveraging seamless integrations with third-party asset tracking systems like RF Code
- Custom reporting and dashboards: Examine multilevel reports, role-based dashboards, KPI tracking, trending and predictive analytics
- Integrated rack building tool: Build each rack using a repository of more than 22,000 devices to deliver an accurate visual display of the data center
- Capacity planning: Utilize “What if?” scenarios to understand current usage and ensure capacity is available for upcoming projects
- Environmental monitoring: Create real-time thermal imaging profiles of the environment using temperature, humidity, leak detection, door closure, air pressure data, security cameras and security systems.
- Physical and virtual machine (VM) monitoring: View connections, dependencies and applications from an array of IT assets including physical servers, VM hosts, VM guests, switches and rack PDUs
- Change/workflow management: Reduce time to deployment and increase accuracy of implementation with fully integrated and native capability to generate projects, tasks and work orders or seamlessly integrate into third-party workflow systems.
- Multitenancy: Support more than one customer or user type by presenting separate and distinct data that pertains solely to each tenant