SolarWinds has announced significant updates to its SolarWinds® Orion® Platform and its systems management product portfolio. The enhancements span multiple products, including SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor, SolarWinds Virtualization Manager, SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor, and SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, and will empower IT professionals to better manage application-centric performance across hybrid IT infrastructures.
The SolarWinds systems management portfolio, powered by the Orion Platform, provides the components an IT operations team needs for monitoring, improved troubleshooting, capacity and resource optimization, and performance management. New portfolio upgrades include:
- PerfStack™ dashboard improvements: Provides operations teams with a single dashboard to view real-time application metrics, from web to spindle performance.
- Enhanced IoT device monitoring: Includes devices powered by Raspberry Pi®, with new support for ARM-based Linux® in the monitoring agent.
- Optimized virtual resource performance and virtualization management: Provides operation teams with the ability to apply multiple predictive recommendations at once based on historic trends, with action policies for virtualization management.
- New deep storage monitoring support: Supports IBM® DS 8xxx, IBM FlashSystem® A9000, and A9000R, NetApp® EF, NetApp AFF, EMV VMAX3; there are also improvements in hardware health monitoring for storage devices.
- Improved Enterprise Operations Console: Includes a “monitor of monitors” to simplify global, multi-data center monitoring of systems and applications at scale.
- Simplified Orion Platform installer and new platform-native capabilities: Streamlines systems management product installation to typically one hour. Reduces time to install and configure monitoring, perform automatic discovery and dependency mapping, apply application templates, and get full application performance and health reports to just a few hours. The Orion Platform now also includes high availability and disaster recovery.
The recent improvements enhance key features designed for application-centric performance management, such as the AppStack™ dashboard, which displays the status of all dependent infrastructure components for a specific application in a dynamic user interface. Additionally, the SolarWinds Orion Platform provides a modular, scalable, unified monitoring platform to achieve visibility into web performance data from synthetic applications, as well as application and infrastructure performance. IT professionals can augment the Orion Platform with SolarWinds products as their needs grow, including SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, complete with the NetPath™ feature for optimized network performance management and visibility into the entire network path from user to server. Customers can add SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer for database performance analysis and quickly pinpoint the root cause of database bottlenecks.