Carrier-1 announces private, purpose-built, dedicated suites within their large, fault-tolerant, wholesale colocation building in Dallas. Within the same 106,866-sq-ft facility, current and prospective tenants may now lease a private, customized data center suite starting with 1,000 sq ft.
A private data center suite separated from the general colocation community is ideal for a private cloud deployment or organizations required to comply with regulations and standards related to their business including financial and medical institutions. The Carrier-1 building is an SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type II audited facility and therefore supports compliant requirements including PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP, FISMA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
A new private suite client, Jose Quinones, of Tailor Made Servers explained, “The private suite gives us the feeling that we work out of our own data center. It’s a data center within a data center.” Tailor Made Servers rents a custom-built private suite with their own cooling and power distribution. They chose Carrier-1’s private suites because they needed flexibility to create a specialized environment to allow their technicians to work quickly to support their customers. They use non-standard custom-sized hardware and racks, and require additional space to inventory all parts and equipment. Jose continued, “Other centers offered a cage, where everything feels somewhat exposed. I love the privacy of the suite, because it gives us a more individual and independent feeling.”
The Dallas-Fort Worth area has been one of the top five U.S. markets for data center demand for many reasons. Companies want to establish a data footprint in Dallas, without the capital expenditures, liability, or long lead time that comes with a build. Whether it’s a primary site, a secondary location for disaster recovery, or a tertiary point to diversify their footprint, businesses typically want to turn up a data center solution quickly and cost efficiently. On some occasions, a standard colocation solution is not always the best fit. Carrier-1’s private suites are designed to address this type of requirement by allowing customers to be a single tenant with the autonomy, protection and control they need.
“Tenants may design their own infrastructure deployment while benefiting from the shared overhead costs that come with our colocation environment,” said Carrier-1’s CEO, Peter Pathos. “The core environmental systems, network redundancies, operational efficiencies, local support and security protocols are already in place, allowing us to turn-up dedicated space for a tenant within a few weeks.”
Features of Carrier-1’s Private Data Center Suites:
- Private data center
- Customizable size and floorplan layout
- Enhanced security for access control
- Multi-factor authentication options
- Tailored temperature and humidity controls
- High density power options
- Flexible network connectivity
- Adjoining private workspace if desired
- Access to on-site conference rooms, breakrooms and other amenities
- 24/7/365 Facility monitoring and maintenance
- 24/7/365 Secure physical access with audited controls
- 24/7/365 Portal access for bandwidth utilization, ticketing system and billing information
- Remote hands-and-eyes support plus Rack-and-Stack service options
- Shipping/Receiving loading dock assistance
- Account managed by Executive Management (VP level or higher)
- Competitive wholesale pricing
- 100% Uptime SLA