Eaton Releases Breaker Integrated Transformer
The transformer is designed to reduce footprint and lower project costs.
Eaton has announced the launch of its Breaker Integrated Transformer (BIT), a low-voltage, dry-type distribution transformer integrating a traditionally separate molded case circuit breaker (MCCB) within the same enclosure. Arriving factory assembled and fully tested, Eaton’s BIT reduces arc-flash hazard while lowering physical footprint and reducing overall cost for electrical distribution installations.
“Today’s power distribution components are expected to provide reliable performance and reduced footprint, all without breaking the budget,” said Jose Valencia, product line manager, Eaton. “By integrating an MCCB with a transformer, we’re giving engineers and facility managers distinct power components in a single enclosed device, providing the same functionality and performance in a reduced installation footprint.”
Key benefits of Eaton’s new breaker integrated transformer include:
- Energy efficiency: The BIT includes all the features of Eaton’s DOE 2016 low-voltage, dry-type distribution transformer, including UL-verified energy efficiency.
- Reduced project costs: Eaton’s BIT replaces the need for separate power distribution components, while also reducing floor space-associated installation and labor costs.
- Minimized footprint: The integrated design of the BIT saves approximately 50 percent or more wall space compared to traditional, separately-installed solutions to help endusers maximize available physical installation footprint.
- Reduced arc-flash hazard: Integrating a MCCB on the secondary side of the transformer provides increased arc-flash protection to personnel operating downstream equipment.
- Enhanced power system flexibility: Eaton’s BIT is highly configurable to specific application needs with a wide range of primary and secondary breaker choices.
Eaton’s Breaker Integrated Transformer was developed in Eaton’s Transformer Flex Center; Products developed in the Flex Center are specially designed by an specialized team to meet custom requirements, special applications, local codes specifications and other needs not met by standard products.