Eaton has announced the launch of its double-door, line-side isolation switch, the industry’s first compartmentalized, fusible safety switch. The latest in Eaton’s growing family of safety switching devices, the new switch features an innovative two-door design with an internal barrier that isolates the fuse base from line-side power, enhancing the safety of work environments for equipment operators.
Eaton’s new double-door, line-isolation switch provides lowered exposure, enhanced safety, and improved uptime when accessing the load-side fuse compartment. Additionally, the new switch enables maintenance personnel to:
- Observe the position of the movable blades within the switch base: External viewing window and enhanced visible blade components allow observation of whether the circuit is open or closed.
- Prevent doors from being opened when the switch is energized: An interlocking mechanism keeps the door closed when the handle is in the ON position, while a defeat mechanism enables user access when necessary.
- Maintain line isolation from incoming line-side cables within the fuse compartment: A barriered wireway for bottom feed applications can be removed for top exit.
- Simplify testing and maintenance: Screw-down fasteners on the upper switch compartment add an extra layer of safety, while an optional lower viewing window provides visibility into fuses with blown fuse indicators.
- Increase flexibility to meet application needs: Double-door designs accept many safety switch accessories and are available with the following ratings:
-30 A through 1200 A
-240 Vac and 600 Vac
- NEMA© Type 12/3R and 4/4X enclosures