D-Link® has announced a new family of Managed Metro Ethernet Gigabit Switches — the DGS-1210/ME Series. Available in eight, 24, and 48 port versions — with and without Power over Ethernet (PoE) — these enhanced Layer 2+ switches are designed to support additional features often required by providers who offer Internet and video services to their business customers.
Specific Metro Ethernet features found in the DGS-1210/ME Series include surge protection on the Gigabit ports, dying gasp, Link OAM, and redundant power options (on select models). Layer 2 switching features include port-based Q-in-Q, ACLs and other advanced security features, and ITU-T G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) with sub-50-ms protection and recovery. Management options include an intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface or a full featured Command Line Interface (CLI).
More about the DGS-1210/ME Series:
- DGS-1210/ME models are available with eight, 24 or 48 ports of 10/100/1000 RJ45 ports. The PoE versions support IEEE standard 802.3at “PoE+” on each port. Additionally, the 8-port models offer an addition two ports of Gigabit fiber (SFP), while the 24 and 48-port versions support four additional Gigabit fiber ports. Other notable features include:
- Support for Spanning Tree protocols, IGMP Snooping and Authentication, Link Aggregation, QoS, LLDP, and Bandwidth Control
- Access Control Lists (ACL), Safeguard Engine, and many other security functions
- L2+ functions such as Static Routing
- Management options include Command Line
- Interface, Web-based GUI, DLNA Utility, and
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3