H5 Data Centers has announced the receipt of Xcel Energy’s 2016 Data Center Efficiency Award. Xcel Energy recognized H5’s sustainability leadership through its $15 million energy efficiency and infrastructure improvement upgrades at its Denver data center campus. The energy-efficient investments resulted in the annual reduction of 3.2 million kWh — the equivalent reduction of over 1,850 metric tons of CO2 emissions per year.
“H5 Data Centers continues to make investments across our national footprint to improve the reliability and efficiency of our data centers,” said Josh Simms, CEO of H5 Data Centers. “We are committed to energy efficiency innovation and long-term sustainability and want to thank Xcel Energy for its commitment to a sustainable and reliable electric grid.”
H5’s Denver data center is home to several energy aware, global organizations. One of which is Handy Networks an international hosting and cloud provider. “H5 Data Centers has demonstrated itself as a leading data center infrastructure partner,” said Jay Sudowski, CEO for Handy Networks. “As a global hosting company, it’s important for our customers and employees to have reliable and energy-efficient data center infrastructure.”
Xcel Energy Data Center Efficiency Award Highlights:
- H5 Data Centers wins Xcel Energy Data Center Efficiency Award
- Over 3.2 million kwh saved with a CO2 reduction of over 1,850 tons
- Emissions savings are equivalent to nearly 340 homes’ electricity for one year
- Improvements included new UPS units, a flat-plate heat exchanger, variable speed cylindrical fans on computer room air-handling units (CRAHs), sub-floor baffling cold air containment for high density zones, a high-efficiency insulated roof, light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and proximity lighting, and a new Building Management System (BMS)
- H5’s Denver data center campus includes two independent Tier III data centers and over 17 MWs of utility and generator power supporting private data center suites and wholesale colocation space. The data center campus supports the mission-critical IT infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies who choose H5 Data Centers for its 10-year, 100% uptime track record, security features, and dedicated customer service.