Equinix, Inc. has announced significant progress on its certification program with three new standards achievements — FISMA/NIST (federal), HIPAA (health care) and ISO 22301 (enterprise). The new certifications demonstrate Equinix's commitment to provide the highest levels of regulatory compliance required by customers as it focuses on specific challenges and priorities for key verticals and the enterprise market. In addition to the three new certifications, Equinix also expanded SOC 2 Type 2 and PCI DSS coverage globally for its International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers.
"Regulatory compliance is the utmost priority for Equinix to provide the assurance of security and business continuity to our customers. The commitment to industry standards is core to our interconnection strategy and gives more reasons for customers to say "yes" to Platform Equinix. As the Equinix portfolio further evolves to enable an Interconnection Oriented Architecture (IOA), our compliance strategy also aligns with the shift from physical security to data security," said Sam Kapoor, chief global operations officer, Equinix.
Global Certification Details
Americas (North America)
- All IBX data centers have achieved FISMA/NIST Revision (4) High Categorization compliance, mandated by U.S. federal government agencies.
- All IBX data centers are now PCI DSS v3.2 compliant, critical for the financial industry.
- All IBX data centers are now HIPAA compliant, necessary for the health care industry.
Americas (South America)
- All IBX data centers are now ISO 22301:2012 compliant. ISO 22301 is an international standard for business continuity management and specifies requirements to prepare for, respond to and recover from disruptive events, such as natural disasters.
- All IBX data centers are now SOC 2 Type 2 compliant – a standard designed for technology companies, specifically data centers, IT managed services, SaaS vendors, and other technology and cloud-computing based businesses. SOC (2) criteria is based on the Trust Services Principles (TSP) of security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
- Out of the 65 IBX data centers in EMEA, 28 IBX data centers achieved SOC 2 Type 2 certification in 2016. The remaining 37 IBX data centers are targeted for certification in 2017.
- Eleven IBX data centers achieved PCI DSS v3.2 compliance, with six of these now certified and rest expected to close by 2017 end.
Report Abusive Comment