EnerSys® offers an array of UPS backup battery options and outdoor battery enclosures designed to address the need of data centers to maximize space utilization, lower total operating costs, and deliver increased performance demands. DataSafe® XE batteries have been specifically designed to meet the growing need for sub-five minute, high-rate discharge applications. VaultFlex™ outdoor UPS enclosures offer a selection of heating and cooling options designed to maintain the proper operating temperature for backup battery systems in the most extreme environments and can provide more indoor space for personnel and other equipment.
· DataSafe® XE front and top terminal batteries have been developed to meet the challenging demands of the modern UPS market sector. Engineered with the most advanced and superior manufacturing processes, DataSafe® XE batteries are designed with Thin Plate Pure Lead (TPPL) technology to deliver five monoblocs with outstanding features and benefits. The construction of the batteries is key to their unique performance, capable of supporting short duration runtimes under five minutes.
DataSafe® XE batteries feature:
- 763, 1010, 1040, 1109 and 1150 Watts per cell sizes (five minute rate to 1.67 Vpc)
- Specific design for five minutes or less high-rate discharge applications
- Pure lead technology for longer life at elevated temperatures
- 12+ year design life at 77ºF (25ºC)
- Up to 17 months shelf life at 77ºF (25ºC) for maximum flexibility in project deployment
- Outstanding power density in industry-standard footprints at 77°F (25°C)
- Fast recharge times to support multiple outages
- Lower energy consumption compared to traditional Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries
- Front terminal design for ease of installation and maintenance
- Top terminal design for upgrades to existing applications
· VaultFlex™ outdoor UPS battery enclosures provide a secure, thermally managed environment that maximizes the life and performance of UPS batteries with minimal lifecycle Operating Expense (OpEx). Outdoor rated construction provides the flexibility to take UPS batteries outside in order to free up space inside the data center for additional revenue-generating equipment. VaultFlex™ outdoor battery enclosures can also be mounted adjacent to modular, containerized UPS systems. Users can even opt to keep their batteries indoors within the thermally managed VaultFlex™ enclosure and raise the temperature of the data center room. This can result in significant utility savings while still maintaining optimal battery temperatures.
VaultFlex™ outdoor battery enclosures feature:
- NEMA 3R rating
- Ability to maintain batteries at optimal temperature, even in containerized UPS applications
- Support for 480V and 384V strings of EnerSys DataSafe® XE batteries
- Seismic IBC (2015), ASCE 7-10, CBC (2016) OSHPD – optional certification
- Optional split string through breaker
Report Abusive Comment