Lightower Unveils New Data Center Offering In Philadelphia
New infrastructure facility at 1309 Noble Street offers 30,000 sq ft of secure, reliable colocation space.
Lightower Fiber Networks has announced it has broadened its data center infrastructure footprint with a new 30,000 sq ft colocation facility located at 1309 Noble Street in Philadelphia. This new site will be available starting at the end of March 2017. This secure and highly reliable facility complements Lightower’s existing 50,000 sq ft of colocation space in the adjacent facility at 401 North Broad Street.
With the launch of the new data center, Lightower will also offer expanded colocation services for customers at both the 1309 Noble Street and 401 North Broad Street locations. As one of the only providers to offer 24x7x365 on-site technical support in the area, Lightower can now deliver immediate on-site support to the growing requirements of our customers.
“Lightower has seen a growing demand in the Philadelphia market from organizations that rely on colocation solutions for network operations, like redundancy and business continuity. We have also seen a surge in demand for colocation in order to connect to cloud providers and cloud services,” explained Phil Olivero, CTO, Lightower. “We view this new facility at 1309 Noble Street as providing flexibility for both enterprises and service providers that require colocation in the Philadelphia market. Additionally, this site features 24x7x365 on-site support as well as ultra-availability capabilities, both of which are offered due to specific customer requests.”
Lightower’s colocation facility at 1309 Noble Street will be available at the end of 1Q 2017 and offers reliable, secure infrastructure including:
- N+1 backups for power and cooling
- Diverse utility feeds, 4 MW of Redundant Capacity
- Security features include: On-site manned security, "man trap" entrances, card access, CCTV, locking cages and cabinets
- Access to the entire Lightower Network which includes 33,000+ route miles of fiber providing connectivity to 22,000+ service locations across 17 states
- Access to all Lightower all-fiber, high-performance network services and solutions
- Direct access to alternate carriers and networks
Lightower’s complete suite of all-fiber high performance solutions is available to customers in Philadelphia including:
- Ethernet service from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps
- Wavelength service from 1 Gbps to 100 Gbps
- Dedicated Internet access to 10 Gbps
- Dark fiber
- Managed private optical networks
- Data center & cloud connectivity
- Ultra-low latency solutions
- Video transport solutions
- Wireless backhaul and small cell solutions