Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT II, Inc. (“CVMC REIT II”) announced its acquisition of the 288,000-sq-ft building housing the AT&T Hawthorne Data Center for approximately $79.5 million.
- One-story, powered shell data center located on a 15.87-acre site
- An on-site substation delivers a 12,470-volt, 22.5 MVA commercial power service feed
- The site is surrounded by an 8-foot iron fence with guarded gates on the east and west ends of the property
- Security features include 24-hour on-site security staff, closed circuit monitors, secure key-card access, biometrics scanner, a mantrap, and alarmed doors
- CVMC REIT II will assume the existing absolute net lease with AT&T Corporation.
AT&T Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AT&T Inc., is a leading provider of IP-based services to multinational companies and serves more than 3.5 million business customers from the largest global companies to small businesses.
“The acquisition of the AT&T Hawthorne Data Center represents an opportunity to invest in a mission critical property with a strong brand affiliation. We strive to be a true capital partner for our tenants and are excited to expand our already important relationship with AT&T Corporation by adding this high-quality data center to our growing portfolio,” said Michael A. Seton, president, CVMC REIT II.
“This is a great example of how we continue to execute our mission critical, income-producing real estate investment strategy and we believe this acquisition will translate into additional value for our portfolio,” said John E. Carter, chief executive officer, CVMC REIT II.