Yelo Limited has launched its new automated high volume test and burn-in system, which will increase throughput for 100G data center optical components.
The Y1000LP is a laser diode and photodiode burn-in and life-test system. In comparison to the Y1000L, it is designed specifically for high volume production testing. In general, it is used for testing the same device, but can be flexible and designed to test multiple devices simultaneously if necessary. It offers cost advantages over the Y1000L for large scale testing.
- Flexible, intuitive user interface programmed with LabVIEW
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and prevention of current spike during power on/off to protect devices
- Supports standard constant current (ACC) testing
- Independently control each individual module's test parameters, test duration, temperature, current and optical measurements
- Tight temperature control by air and heater plate for temperatures between 25ºC and 150ºC for lasers, and up to a maximum of 175ºC for photodiode testing
- Laser drive cards proven reliable over 10,000 hours on continuous life tests
- Best suited to test low powered photonics devices with currents up to 1A
- Smaller footprint compared to chamber ovens to save expensive clean room space