Nlyte Software has announced the Virtual Power Distribution Unit (V-PDU) availability as part of the company’s leading Data Center Service Management (DCSM) Solution. The V-PDU offers equivalent capabilities and functionality of hardware-based PDU’s but at a 90% cost savings.
Offered as part of Nlyte’s PlatinumEdition, the new V-PDU continues the IT Industry’s trend of virtualizing data center hardware into more agile, scalable and less expensive infrastructure software. The foundation of the V-PDU is the Branch Circuit Analytics Engine, which is a core component of the newly released Nlyte Energy Optimizer (NEO). The software enables data center management functions that mission-critical facilities normally spend thousands of dollars to derive from intelligent PDU using hardware.
Additionally, virtual PDU features offer IT and facility managers:
- Automatic calculations of historical power and energy usage
- Ability to charge back within departments
- Automatic aggregation of power draw on Virtual PDUs
- 2 network ports and provisioned addresses per panel, versus 2 per cabinet
- Support for more than 10 cabinets perpanel (assuming 42 breaker panel)
- Insight into risk at the rack level
- Access to Nlyte Energy Optimizer (NEO) - Branch Circuit Analytics (BCA)
- Automatic support for data center monitoring & alarming requirements