Nlyte Software has announced the Virtual Power Distribution Unit (V-PDU) availability as part of the company’s leading Data Center Service Management (DCSM) Solution. The V-PDU offers equivalent capabilities and functionality of hardware-based PDU’s but at a 90% cost savings.
“The need for speed of deployment and agility in data center resources is challenging the traditional ways of adding intelligence to manage power resources,” said Jennifer Cooke, research director, Datacenter Trends & Strategies, IDC. “Providing a software-driven, power management model is very compelling as organizations strive to provide customer-driven IT service delivery.”
Offered as part of Nlyte’s Platinum Edition, the new V-PDU continues the IT Industry’s trend of virtualizing data center hardware into more agile, scalable and less expensive infrastructure software. The foundation of the V-PDU is the Branch Circuit Analytics Engine, which is a core component of the newly released Nlyte Energy Optimizer (NEO). The software enables data center management functions that mission-critical facilities normally spendthousands of dollars to derive from intelligent PDU using hardware.
Additionally, virtual PDU features offer IT and Facility managers:
- Automatic calculations of historical power and energy usage
- Ability to charge back within departments
- Automatic aggregation of power draw on Virtual PDUs
- Two network ports and provisioned addresses per panel, vs. 2 per cabinet
- Support for more than 10 cabinets perpanel (assuming 42 breaker panel)
- Insight into risk at the rack level
- Access to Nlyte Energy Optimizer (NEO) - Branch Circuit Analytics (BCA)
- Automatic support for data center monitoring & alarming requirements
“For far too long IT and Data Center Managers have been held hostage by PDU hardware vendors. I am pleased to say that those days are over. With our new V-PDU capabilities we are enabling enterprises to access vital data about energy consumption at a fraction of the price,” said Doug Sabella, president and CEO of Nlyte Software.