NYI has announced the launch of its new telecommunications program, POP-as-a-Service (POPaaS), aimed at helping managed service providers and global telecoms white-label NYI for their business operations and instantly establish a local presence in the New York metro market. POPaaS allows companies to not only directly connect into the multitudes of telecom and service providers located within the NYI technology ecosystem, but also establish a fully-functioning business operation from day one — and all within a market that is often considered the world's most challenging to enter.
This service will allow national and international service providers and businesses a way to seamlessly deploy their own products and services in the New York metro area without the logistical hurdles associated with establishing an office or network operations center in the region. Plus, the setup process is handled quickly and completely, with all details — including server installation and setup and engineering and procurement — covered in a uniquely comprehensive manner. By utilizing NYI's expert staff as an extension of their team, customers are able to enter the market with the full capabilities of a company that has been at the forefront of the industry for 20 years.
"POPaaS was created in direct response to a need we hear time and again from managed service companies and carriers who want a presence in the New York metro market but are overwhelmed by the many complexities involved in effectively establishing one," says Phil Koblence, chief operating officer for NYI. "Through POPaaS, our expert team takes care of all the logistics from data center space, hardware installation and bandwidth to engineering and procurement and even turnkey business infrastructure, such as office, meeting and event space. With this service, virtually any telecom company can have a true and complete NYC presence today."
- Instantly and seamlessly establish business operations in NYC
- Streamlined infrastructure management, procurement and engineering
- Connectivity: free internal cross connects to NYI's diverse network ecosystem
- Security: Data protected by stringent security standards including SSAE16/SOC1 Type 2, PCI, HIPAA/HITECH Compliant Data Centers
- Technical know-how: access to key, veteran NYI staff and 24x7x365 Network Operations Center
- Presence: access to brand new, innovative event and office space in the heart of downtown Manhattan
- Reliability: Fully meshed, BGP4-based, fault tolerant network with no single point of failure resulting in 100% uptime since 1996