Recent research indicates a 10% growing global demand for reliable power management products in data centers. Efficient power solutions help manage electricity consumption, making data center operations more cost-effective, an important component of “green” IT practices.
Chatsworth Products (CPI) supports this trend with a portfolio of innovative products that not only deliver safe and efficient power to critical applications, but also play a crucial role in managing power distribution down to the outlet level.
Ranging from intelligent monitoring and switching capabilities from eConnect® Power Distribution Units (PDUs), to basic power strips and in-line meters, each of CPI’s power management products are specifically designed with flexibility and scalability in mind.
eConnect features that protect your technology investment:
- Control power usage down to the outlet level. Monitored and Switched eConnect lines of PDUS are designed for high-density data centers and equipment rooms. Each product is designed to manage high temperature applications with the option for enhanced local and remote network power monitoring capabilities.
- IP consolidation saves money. CPI's Secure Array allows the use of a single IP address for up to 32 connected PDUs. This saves money by reducing the number of IP ports, Ethernet cable length and installation time.
- Low-profile design saves space. Our PDUs fit in zero U space, which is an advantage in cabling infrastructure, another crucial aspect of a successful data center operation. This design reduces airflow disruptions, allowing more space for airflow and cables.
- Locking Outlets prevent accidental disconnections. Our patent-pending Click Secure Locking Outlets allow standard equipment cords to be fastened to the PDU, protecting your power from sudden disruptions.
- Integrated environmental monitoring protects equipment. Monitor temperature and humidity conditions remotely, or locally using the environmental port of eConnect PDUs along with environmental probes. Use temperature and humidity readings to make key decisions in order to better the efficiency of your data center.