Servers.com Deploys New Database Through Partnership With Percona
Deal provides automated deployment for Percona Software, plus support plan.
Servers.com has announced that it has partnered with Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, to offer automated deployment of the Percona Server for MySQL database.
Highlights of the partnership offering include:
- Automated deployment of Percona Server for MySQL in Servers.com’s secure private network
- A 15% discount on Percona Standard and Enterprise support
- Free upgrade to a fully redundant, doubled throughput network
- A special price of $250 for the Dell R430 server with two Intel Xeon E5-2650v3 CPUs and two SSD drives
“Our company has invested in high-end hardware, automated all routine tasks and engineered some network-building shortcuts,” stated Nick Dvas, COO of Servers.com. “By aligning with Percona, we can now offer our customers a 40Gbps connection, free global private networks and 40-minute dedicated server deployment at a reasonable cost, for bare metal as well as cloud options. We’re the first dedicated server provider to do that with Percona’s software.”
“Using Percona Server for MySQL inside Servers.com’s low-latency, fully redundant and secure private network is a great opportunity for anyone choosing a software and hardware stack for a database,” said Peter Zaitsev, co-founder and CEO of Percona. “It’s a combination that delivers excellent performance, reliability and great value for customers."
Among the features offered by Servers.com are:
- A global private network: unmetered, fast and secure, for backups, clustering and more
- Cloud VMs integration with per-hour billing for dynamic resource allocation
- Top-notch Intel CPUs for smooth performance
- 40-min. free set-up for fast deployment
Servers.com's portfolio is supplemented by the rare offering of a global network, clocking at 40Gbps on a single server. This substantially increases the value of all hardware and provides many options for a flexible deployment. The company's dedicated servers meet the requirements of all big data tools, such as Hadoop,as well as any other demanding applications.