Equinix, Inc. will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for its Ashburn, VA, data center from 1:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 15, 2015, at the Equinix Ashburn Campus, 21731 Filigree Ct., Ashburn, VA 20147.
Located in close proximity to its existing data center campus, the new North Ashburn campus site will eventually make way for five facilities that are expected to total over one million square feet of new space at completion, making this one of the largest builds in Loudoun County's booming "data center alley".
Equinix and Loudoun County
Equinix data centers in the Washington, D.C. metro area serve 750+ customers and represent the largest Internet exchange point in North America and one of the largest in the world. With 10 data centers located in this market today, Equinix has invested over $1B in the local economy over the last 17 years. These facilities house rich ecosystems that allow network and content providers, cloud and IT services providers, and enterprise and federal government customers to quickly and efficiently exchange critical business data with their customers and partners through interconnection.
About the Event
Local and state government officials will join Equinix and its construction company, DPR Construction, to discuss the significance of this future build site, what this increased investment will mean for the local economy and why Loudoun County is a strategic connectivity point in the broader digital economy.
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2015
Time: 1:45 PM – 5:30 PM ET
Location: Equinix Ashburn Campus: 21731 Filigree Ct., Ashburn, VA 20147
- Terry McAuliffe, governor, State of Virginia
- Rep. Barbara Comstock, Virginia's 10th Congressional District
- Buddy Rizer, director, Loudoun County Department of Economic Development
- Scott York, chairman, Loudoun County Board of Supervisors
- Mike Ford, vice president, DPR Construction
- Howard Horowitz, senior vice president, Global Real Estate, Equinix
- 1:45 – 2:00 Registration / Check-In
- 2:00 – 2:15 Shuttle departure from campus to ground breaking tent / location
- 2:15 – 2:45 Opening remarks, shovel ceremony, photos
- 2:45 – 3:00 Shuttle return to campus
- 3:00 – 3:30 Tours of the data center (optional)
- 3:00 – 5:30 Networking reception in lobby of Ashburn office
** Please request attendance by RSVPing to the event here. Space is limited. **