Altima Technologies Releases NetZoom™ Pro
The solution is designed to jumpstart DCIM implementation.
Altima Technologies has released NetZoom™ Pro, a multi-user, browser-based NetZoom application that that enables teams of IT and facility professionals to manage asset infrastructure, connectivity and rack elevations for small to medium sized data centers. NetZoom Pro is an asset management solution that has many of the features found in full data center infrastructure management (DCIM) tools.
“DCIM industry analysts recommend using a phased approach to ensure a successful DCIM implementation. We believe that NetZoom Pro is the perfect first step on your DCIM implementation path as it allows both the IT and facility sides of an organization the opportunity to lay a solid foundation for DCIM by successfully managing the organization’s assets and connectivity prior to making a substantial investment in full-suite DCIM software product,” said Sara Clark, president of Altima Technologies.
NetZoom Pro includes dozens of advanced asset management and productivity features. A full list of features can be found at NetZoom.com. Major features include:
- Complete modeling of data centers and racks
- Accurate port-to-port connectivity management and connectivity reporting
- Dashboards and advanced reporting capabilities
- Mobile inventory collection and auditing
- Automatically created rack elevations with connectivity and floor layout diagrams with drill down
- Population of device asset inventory through auto discovery, importing from Microsoft® Excel spreadsheets or Microsoft® Visio® diagrams
- Mobile app for offsite data center management
- Access to the cloud-based NetZoom Device Library of device shapes from over 5,000 leading hardware manufacturers
“NetZoom Pro is a new multi-user NetZoom product designed to give you a jumpstart when you are considering implementing a DCIM solution. NetZoom Pro is an economical solution that allows you to focus on the initial task of managing your data center asset inventory and connectivity prior to the process change required to implement a full featured DCIM. Then, when your inventory is under control and the organization is ready, it is easy to step up to a DCIM like NetZoomDC,” stated Alan Schenwar, General Manager of Altima Technologies.
NetZoom Pro is positioned centrally in Altima’s suite of data center management tools. Current users of NetZoom for Windows can seamlessly upgrade to NetZoom Pro to take advantage of the advanced features. All data center asset inventory and connectivity information maintained in NetZoom Pro can be easily migrated to NetZoomDC™, Altima’s Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software.