July 23, 2015
Taking the Training Wheels off Cloud with Cloud for All Initiative
The Data Stack by Intel
Author: Jonathan Donaldson
Cloud computing has been a tremendous driver of business growth over the past five years. Digital services such as Uber, AirBnB, Coursera, and Netflix have defined consumer zeitgeist while redefining entire industries in the process. This first wave of cloud fueled business growth has largely been created by businesses leveraging cloud native applications aimed at consumer services. Traditional enterprises who seek the same agility and efficiency that the cloud provides have viewed migration of traditional enterprise applications to the cloud as a slow and complex challenge.
July 22, 2015
Optimizing Data Center Cost and Reliability
Schneider Electric blog
Author: Mark Hurley
Optimizing data center cost and reliability should be the goal of every data center owner. Failure to do so could impact competitiveness in the marketplace.
In a video interview, “Maintenance Strategy – Driving Cost Down while Managing Risk,” part of the Schneider Electric series on “7 Winning Strategies for Building a Successful Data Center Business,” John Sheputis, President, InfoMart Data Centers, outlines three tactics to support these mandates.
July 13, 2015
Choosing Between VSDs and EC Fans. Making the right investment when upgrading fan technology
Emerson Network Power
Author: Mark Silnes
Fans that move air and pressurize the data center’s raised floor are significant components of cooling system energy use. After mechanical cooling, fans are the next largest energy consumer on computer room air condition (CRAC) units. One way many data center managers reduce energy usage and control their costs is by investing in variable speed fan technology. Such improvements can save fan energy consumption by as much as 76%.
From Our Website
July 24, 2015
- Schneider Electric’s Energy University Receives AACHE Curriculum Accreditation
- Schneider Electric Recognized For DCIM
- The Second Annual Texas Data Center Summit Set For October 22
- Facebook Announces New Fort Worth Data Center
- Report: Data Center Power Distribution Research Corroborates 400 VAC Adoption
- Evolving Strategies For Data Center Site Selection
- Report: Global Colocation Market Is Expected To Reach $51.8 Billion By 2020
- Schneider Electric Granted Basic Ordering Agreement With The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- DC3 Brings Executive-Level Endusers And Leading Industry Vendors Together In NYC
- Observatory weathers storms thanks to UPS deployment
- Modular Generator And Integrated Paralleling Systems For Data Centers
- Darwin In The Data Center
- The Shape Of Things To Come For The Data Center Industry, 2nd Edition
- The Battery Alternative: Making The Case For A Diesel-Based UPS
- Utilizing A Nitrogen Generator For Pre-Action Systems In Critical Facilities Applications
- Switchgear from GE
- Load Bank Control Software from Emerson Network Power
- UPS from Para Systems, Inc.
- MTU Onsite Energy Series 1600 Selected To Power Underground Data Center