Heard On The Internet: May/June 2015
May 21, 2015
Improving Legacy Data Center Efficiency: Are we moving fast enough?
Posted by Aaron Sabino
I was recently re-reading an eBay case study published by EnergyStar in 2012 and it made me consider the progress that has been made in improving legacy data center energy efficiency in the intervening 3 years.
May 20, 2015
OpenStack Delivers Large Advancements at Summit
The Data Stack by Intel
Posted by Allyson Klein
The international melting pot of Vancouver, BC provides a perfect background for the OpenStack Summit, a semi-annual get together of the developer community driving the future of open source in the data center. After all, it takes a melting pot of community engagement to build “the open source operating system for the cloud”.
May 14, 2015
How do we stop DCIM becoming isolated from other enterprise management systems?
Schneider Electric blog
Author: Damien Wells
At a recent visit to Schneider Electric’s European Technology Center, I spoke with Soeren Jensen, Vice President of Enterprise Software to ask him if there is any danger of DCIM becoming isolated from other Enterprise Management Systems and if so, how can this be avoided.
May, 11 2015
Microsoft Invests in Subsea Cables to Connect Datacenters Globally
Microsoft Datacenters Blog
Author: David Crowley
I’m at International Telecoms Week (ITW) today, talking about how the telecoms industry is in the midst of a change to accommodate the growing trend of data consumption. As we look at how people and businesses will interact with technology in the future, there are investments we need to make now to support our customers and help their businesses grow.
From Our Website
May 25, 2015
1. Matt Gleason Named Mission Critical Facility Manager Of The Year
2. Server Farm Realty Reaches Agreement With CenturyLink
3. Effectiveness and Implementation of Modular Containment in Existing Data Centers
4. Thermal Management And Low PUEs
5. 100TB Adds Fully-Owned New York City Data Center To Global Network
6. Schneider Electric Recognized For DCIM
7. Developing a Preventive Maintenance Plan for Your Data Center
8. Cable Installer Kits from IDEAL Electrical
9. The Second Annual Texas Data Center Summit Set For October 22
10. The Pursuit Of Low PUE
1. Utilizing A Nitrogen Generator For Pre-Action Systems In Critical Facilities Applications
2. Compass Datacenters Introduces Simple Site Selection
3. The Case For Wire-Free Monitoring in Critical Facilities
4. DC3 in NYC
5. When Data Center Airflow Containment Is Modularized
6. Schedule Your Emergencies
7. Adding a Power Quality ‘GREEN LIGHT’ to PUE
8. The Pursuit Of Low PUE
9. Ensite Solutions Named One Of The Top 500 Fastest Growing Companies In The U.S.
10. Conventional cooling challenges solved in unconventional manner
1. mission critical march/april 2015
2. 415 vac distribution
3. terry rennaker
4. form 4b type 5
5. maintaining mission critical systems
6. gary olson cummins power generation facebook
7. pdi bcms
8. mission critical expo milwaukee 2015
9. tier 5 data center
10. dr. timothy j. oergel