Infomart Data Centers has announced that its wholesale data center facilities in San Jose, CA and Portland, OR, have successfully completed several industry certifications, including SSAE 16 Type 2, SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type 2 and HIPAA/HITECH compliance. The completion of these third-party audits reinforces Infomart’s commitment to high quality physical security, network security, system controls and consistent operational excellence.
“These certifications are among those that matter most to our customers. Our achievement of these certifications is a testament to our engineering team and leadership's commitment to exceeding industry standards”
“These certifications are among those that matter most to our customers. Our achievement of these certifications is a testament to our engineering team and leadership's commitment to exceeding industry standards,” said Don Jenkins, vice president of Operations for Infomart Data Centers.
The SSAE 16 examinations focus on an organization's controls over its system's security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy, as specified by the Auditing Standards Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. HIPAA/HITECH compliance concentrates on physical and virtual security as it relates to protecting sensitive medical data.
“Infomart’s primary mission is to provide our customers the best managed and operated data centers in the world,” Jenkins said. “We will continue seeking third-party evaluation of our operations, including the certification of our data centers to the ISO 27001 standards in 2015."
The Silicon Valley and Portland facilities now are certified with:
- Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 16 Type 2
- SSAE 16 Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Type 2
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)/Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Compliance
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS)
- Uptime Institute’s Management & Operations (M&O) Stamp of Approval
- U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certification
Infomart’s Silicon Valley facility is the first data center on the West Coast to earn the Uptime Institute’s M&O Stamp of Approval. It also is the first multi-tenant data center to be recognized with LEED Gold status. Both facilities guarantee 100% uptime.