Opus Interactive has announced the completion of a series of campus-wide security upgrades to its Hillsboro Data Center. Opus is the preferred retail provider for the state-of-the-art Tier III Infomart Data Center. The Hillsboro Data Center offers unprecedented levels of efficiency, inexpensive and reliable power, and the lowest latency to San Jose, Seattle, and Asia in the Pacific Northwest.
Security additions to the 15-acre LEED Gold campus include fencing the perimeter of the entire 15-acre campus and a battery of increased security controls for visitors coming into the property. Security protocol requires a minimum of five badge swipes at security check points before anyone is able to get into a data hall plus another checkpoint with Biometrics or 2-factor authentication now available before anyone is able to get into a customer cage.
Like other Infomart facilities, the 240,000 sq ft Oregon data center benefits from state-of-the-art energy efficiency and control — including 100% cold-aisle containment, and the ability to take advantage of Oregon’s clean and inexpensive power and tax-free financial incentives. Infomart Oregon offers 20MW of power capacity across three phases. The LEED-Gold Certified facility’s unprecedented level of efficiency is supported by 99% efficient uninterrupted power supply (UPS), a power usage effectiveness (PUE) of 1.16 in full economization mode, and natural cooling methods to run the facility at least 30 percent of the year.
The Hillsboro data center Phase 1 offers:
- 7.9 MW of critical IT load
- 39,000 SF of data room space supports high energy densities greater than 200 W/SF
- 60,000 SF of private office space.
- 2N service for all IT critical load
- Tier 3+ availability, concurrent maintainability on all infrastructure
- Unmatched availability history - 100% uptime guarantee
- Low pass-through PUE, estimated at 1.2
- Free cooling, full cold-aisle containment
- 24x7x365 on-site security and on-site engineering / facility management
- ISO 9001 compliant processes
- PCI compliant processes
- No sales tax (Oregon State Law)
- No property tax – located within an Enterprise Zone
- Income tax rebate – located within an Ecommerce Zone
- Highly reliable green power – passed through at PGE Rate Schedule 89