Datatrend Technologies will host a special webinar "Cloud Compliance: Chief Security Officer Insights on Adopting the Enterprise Cloud" on Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 10:30-11:30 AM CT, on the viability of cloud adoption for enterprises, with security and compliance insights from special guests Pete Nicoletti, chief information security officer (CISO) with Virtustream, and Justin Van Buren, cloud computing and data center marketing manager with Intel.
Cloud computing and Infrastructure as a Service( IaaS) are enticing enterprises with the promise of new services enablement, plus improved performance, agility, efficiency, availability and total cost of ownership (TCO), among other benefits. Enterprises know that the cloud will change IT, though security and performance are concerns. Each cloud model has potential risks: reliability, adaptability, application compatibility, efficiency, scaling, lock-in, security, and compliance.
Nicoletti, will share industry best practices and risk mitigation techniques around IT security and compliance, helping navigate the secure path to the cloud. Justin Van Buren of Intel will share how Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) provides hardware-based verification to help protect systems from BIOS and firmware attacks, and for use in meeting compliance requirements.
In this session, you'll gain insights on:
- Moving from virtualized environment to private cloud, plus special hybrid model considerations
- How to combat the "Insider Threat": 16 points of vulnerability inherent in cloud provider multi-tenant designs
- Support continuous compliance and transparency for range of compliance frameworks: FedRAMP, FISMA, PCI, NIST, CSA and Open Data Center Alliance Provider Assurance
- How Virtustream xStream™ provides deep multi-layered logical/physical security and compliance, to meet the toughest regulatory and industry requirements
- Benefits of xStream™ using μVM™ technology to deliver enterprise-grade security/compliance, application performance SLAs, all with consumption-based pricing
- Trust your platform from the Silicon on up: Creating Trusted Computing Environments with advanced security management capabilities, including Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) enabling "trusted pools of resources"
To register, visit http://communications.datatrend.com/acton/form/1284/005a:d-0018/0/index.htm.