DataCenter.BZ has announced plans to develop a second data center complex (COL-02) in Central Ohio. Like its current site operating from Columbus (COL-01), COL-02 will be wholly-owned and purpose-built to deliver innovative and highly certified colocation and virtual infrastructure solutions to enterprise-level and other demanding customers.
With COL-01’s 34,000-square foot expansion completed in late 2011 nearing 70% occupancy, DataCenter.BZ expects to need additional capacity by early 2014 to meet continued local/regional demand for its premium solutions and as Central Ohio continues to emerge as an attractive middle-of-the-country destination for colocation and virtual data centers. Accordingly, DataCenter.BZ has commenced preparations for COL-02 in Central Ohio, regarding which its owner-managers are pleased to disclose the following initial details (that largely follow the same design, construction and operation of COL-01).
The new data center will feature:
- Same industry-leading power/cooling densities as COL-01, including up to 64 KW per rack standard and 500 watts per square foot overall
- Highly energy efficient with a power utilization effectiveness (PUE) ratio of ~1.25 and LEED Silver certification
- Provides for both raised floor data center space and containerized data centers
- SOC1 (SSAE16) and SOC2 Type 2 audits to be maintained along with HIPAA, PCI-DSS, IRS1075 and Tier IV data center standards compliance
- EF5 tornado rating
- Complimentary workspace, dedicated office space, reservable workforce recovery space
- Wholly owned—land, buildings, infrastructures, operations—to provide unparalleled flexibility, customization and long-term security for customers
- Multiple 10+ gig connections to disaster recovery sites maintained in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Las Vegas and vast connectivity options to many other physical/virtual data center and corporate sites
- 150,000 sq ft gross; 50,000 sq ft of raised floor; 25,000 sq ft for data center containers and flex space
- 15 miles from COL-01 to accommodate vMotioning of latency-sensitive applications between sites
- Purpose-built single-story, hardened facility
- 50 MW utility power with diverse substations; ten 2.5-MW diesel generators; 22.5 MW UPS battery backup
- Quad-redundant power buses (no automatic transfer switches) and overall fully redundant and fault tolerant power/cooling/network infrastructures
- 180 x 50-ton CRAHs; 4,500 tons redundant cooling; ten 500-ton chillers; six chilled water loops
- 24x7 on-site security and customer support
- Overall engineering plans have been completed
- Customer-specific attributes (presently working with initial tenants on customizing dedicated entrances, segregated data halls and other custom features) in process
- Final site selection (among three municipalities in north Central Ohio) in process
- Permitting and ground breaking with facility coming on-line in early 2014
DataCenter.BZ expects to provide additional details regarding COL-02 over the coming months.